SupRsloth's ESB Fett Build

Back to painting. Hand painted the redish/brown damaged on the knees and shoulder as this was way too detailed to mask and airbrush. Hopefully will get to airbrushing the silver on yet this week.

BESVgd0uV3haoX62-mgzL4D1LMWxkpPYhbyOdMZgdIiDKdXifEXAJ3ssZ0w?width=4048&height=3036&cropmode=none.jpg

Back to painting. Hand painted the redish/brown damaged on the knees and shoulder as this was way too detailed to mask and airbrush. Hopefully will get to airbrushing the silver on yet this week.

View attachment 166441

Are you using Rafs stencils? As I know the brown looks more faded, yours is exactly like the stencils but those are more for showing the areas where the brown might be faded on to. I hope I am not talking wrong stuff, you should check it.

Look here (did found a better pic right know):
Boba Fett Empire Strikes Back Costume

Last edited:
I am using Raf's stencils
I'll work to fade out the brown and post updated pictures. It is way too crisp at this point vs the reference pictures.

Thanks for the feedback before I clear coat! I obviously need to spend some more time with the reference pictures.

All right. Second attempt at the knees and shoulders. I took the originals back to a primer coat and redid them this weekend. I'm thinking they are looking better than the first attempt. Thoughts? Still have a bit of cleanup to do and apply the clear coat.
PifnA4CawcceOCUQy573--mVjuFJJpnWUzVXzCxKZjODCeNmRo8kg8IyX2A?width=4048&height=3036&cropmode=none.jpg

Last edited:
Did some weathering on the flight suit and pouches.
wSJKgts29ohtLVBSemSJ__XuGdqIUYPycPpvQcP-H0BsuGCgxiF_eE3yZ5Q?width=3036&height=4048&cropmode=none.jpg

e5c4QuepYV6UY_lcHOzxneMpZm2TxfMLawZSnAEiwD9P05QAyXBjoqAVyBg?width=3036&height=4048&cropmode=none.jpg

And lastly installed my Fetronics display in the chest. Started with electrical tape directly on the circuit board then held the entire display down with duct tape. Also put a clear piece of thin plastic down first to hopefully protect the display a bit....
MCx7Vh3OmLpDNta0c_h1KSvRtsSwU_iFylhcQXhPUV0q0j0x5op5p_5t9WA?width=3036&height=4048&cropmode=none.jpg

Still need to put snaps on the flight suit to attach the knees. Other than that I'm just waiting on parts.... Orderd a cape, jet pack, and girth belt from Manowar. Until those parts arrive I guess I get a break. :)

Suit looks great! You can see the light at the end of the tunnel!
Thanks! Getting closer but a long way to go still. :) Finished assembling the knees, snaps on the flight suit so had to do one more test fit. Mostly because I just wanted to put it all on again. ;)

I did a light wash in the laundry of the flight suit and it appears that some of my weathering came off (it's a fair amount lighter in spots and I didn't use any detergent). How do you keep the weathering from washing out? I assume I'll wash the suit on a semi regular basis so it doesn't smell rancid after trooping and I don't want the weathering to come out.......
lo5eIQKyDp0PDqwAfqX5bESwVv4lyDMnh2YQVFllba3NVD5yzUjjTS9qFOA?width=3036&height=4048&cropmode=none.jpg

It looks good now. In my eyes it was a bit to much before the washing. I dont wash mine very often, I just dont let it sweated in the box...always give it one day hanging in the fresh air directly after trooping.

Received my jetpack today from ManOwar. I haven't been able to find any stencils for the jetpack like Raf had for the armor. Does anyone know where I can find any stencils for the jetpack?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back