Superjedi's progress threads--image issues

superjedi

Sr Hunter
Hi all,
Very disappointed. . .I just found out late yesterday that Photobucket, the image host that I've been using for close to a decade, updated their terms of service on June 28th to disallow third party linking unless you pay $400 PER YEAR!
So as of now, all of my threads are image-less. I'll be looking for a new image hosting site, but it seems that once I find one I'll have to manually re-insert all my photos.
To say this will be time consuming is a vast understatement. I still have all the photos on my computer, and sorting them by commission and reposting them will only happen over a great length of time. It's very frustrating. Not only are my helmet pics all gone, but my tutorial pics in the sarlaac pit as well. :cry

Sigh. . .

That is bummer, Eric! Sorry to hear that! I got the same issue with Imageshack a few years back, so I decided to upload all my images directly to the TDH server (as attachments). Also I use my Google account to upload some images to the Google+ page when it is needed (especially when I want to add images in PM).

I noticed issues with Photobucket yesterday also. At first I wondered if I was being hit with a virus. That's so sad they would pull that on everyone.
So sorry Eric. Your progress threads have been an invaluable resource to TDH community.
Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Restored the images in my template sizing tutorial thread in the prop building workshop forum.
Only 97,000 more threads to go. . . *sigh*

Photobucket has slowly been becoming more and more crap for years now.

Personally I use imgur, since it has the most painless upload and embedding process. They have a psuedo-upload limit (you can't freely browse your old images past like 1000 uploads), but you can easily bypass it if you just upload your images into grouped galleries instead of individual pics. They're generally great, but who knows where they'll be in 5 years too. I question how viable their business model is with how much they get used for free hosting.

Some people like flickr and stuff too, but I've never liked their embedding process and how hard it makes it for people to save the images.

But yeah, generally with free web-hosting, it's always a ticking timebomb until the site either runs out of money or tries to monetize to the point of becoming unusable.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back