Superjedi's "Hybrid" FPH2 ESB

Ghost, as I mentioned in the beginning of this thread, I received this helmet partially complete from a painter who was no longer able to work on it.
So the base colors were all there when I got it.
I haven't done any color tests to confirm what was used, but I know this individual liked to use Tamiya Dull Red on his ESB paintups. I'm fairly sure that's what it is, but I can't say for sure.

Finally had some more time to work on ears. I got the upper ear cap finished.
Here's an "almost twins" shot showing Scott's ear (SE) and Daniel Logan's (screen used).

IMAG5534_1.jpg

This completes all the painting and effects. Now it's down to fitting the ears, then final weathering.
We're in the home stretch now, Scott!

Thanks, guys!
There are several little steps to do toward the end of the project, and I'm working through them as I have time.
But it's very close to being done now. Here's a "twins" shot of Scott's SE bucket alongside Daniel Logan's screen used.

IMAG5552_1.jpg

I'm working on installing the light kit in the RF topper, and I need to cut and place the visor. Then. . . it'll be all done!:D

For all intents and purposes, the helmet is complete. :) I'm just waiting for a hollow stalk from Machinecraft to finish the range finder.
The RF assembly seen in these pics is a temporary placeholder. It's actually the one from the Daniel Logan project.
But Scott's will look just like it, I promise! LOL

DSCN0447.JPG

DSCN0457.JPG

DSCN0451.JPG

DSCN0454.JPG

This has certainly been an interesting helmet. I'm not used to picking up a project that's halfway done. . . but I'm very happy to have taken it over and finish it up for Scott. I hope he will enjoy the completed helmet!
Thanks to all you crazy Fett heads for following along. (y)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back