Superjedi's "Hybrid" FPH2 ESB

Had some more time to work on Scott's helmet.
I got the left cheek done, including the SE damage. This pretty much concludes the work on the green parts. The next steps will be to tweak the damage on the red areas.

IMAG5325_1.jpg

I've been splitting my time over a couple of different projects, which I don't normally do. I've been making a lot of progress on Daniel Logan's helmet, but this afternoon I put in some time on Scott's. :)
I worked on the left half of the red band on the rear of the helmet. Primarily tweaking a few shapes and adding the smaller details.

IMAG5401.jpg

IMAG5402.jpg

It's coming along nicely! I'll work on the right half of the band next. After that, it'll be time to work on the red "brow" and the mandibles.

Looking good! There seems to be a red "discoloration" on the left rear panel, but it only seems to be showing up on head on pics and disappearing as the helmet turns to the side. I am thinking that is an optical illusion? You see it in the middle of the "metal" portion in the middle of the left rear panel in the upper picture and in the lower right part of the left rear panel in the bottom pic...

Maybe I'm just seeing things... I was thinking it was a detail I had previously missed.

Hmm. . . no, I see what you mean. Must be a weird reflection. I was actually wearing a red t-shirt when I took these shots.
Maybe that could be it, lol.

That has to be it. I was thinking "why would his camera be red?" You were wearing red. That totally makes sense. What is weird is the concrete part is actually reflecting in the second picture.

OK, put in some more time today on this project.
I finished up the right half of the rear band, and began tweaking and detailing the front portions. I started with the left corner of the T-visor opening, and worked my way around almost to the center.

IMAG5423_1.jpg

IMAG5427_1.jpg

I'll keep working my way around the band above the visor cutout.

I've been switching back and forth between this project and the Daniel Logan project. . . it's driving me crazy! :confused:
But I finally have about 99% of the "basic" painting finished! I completed the right half of the band above the visor cutout,
and the right mandible. Pretty much all that remains is the pale contrasting gray, which is what I'll work on next.

IMAG5450_1.jpg

After I do the pale gray, I'll work on the ear parts.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back