Superjedi's GMH for Daniel Logan

Got the right half of the brow finished this afternoon. Here are a couple of views.

IMAG5488_1.jpg

IMAG5489_1.jpg

I'll begin working on the mandibles themselves next!

He's just jealous. :D

The right mandible is really detail heavy. I generally break it up into 2 parts when I work on it: the upper horizontal area, and the lower vertical area.
I managed to complete the upper portion, which has the most detail.

IMAG5505_1.jpg

IMAG5506_1.jpg

I'll work on the remaining vertical portion during the week. It's getting close now!

Finished up the right mandible! That means that all of the "basic" painting is done on the helmet itself. :D

IMAG5514_1.jpg

IMAG5524_1.jpg

I also received the TerminalFettler RF topper today. Man, this thing is beautiful!

IMAG5507_1.jpg

It's even scribed with Daniel Logan's name on the metal plate that's glued to the Perspex block.

IMAG5508_1.jpg

The next step will be to finish up the ears. Then I can start on the "effects" painting.

Yes. . . almost. . . almost. ;)
I've done some of the "effects" work. I finished up the pale contrasting gray that's scattered around the helmet.
Here are some shots of that.

IMAG5525_1.jpg

IMAG5526_1.jpg

IMAG5528_1.jpg

I also did the fade under the killstripes. It's a subtle effect.

IMAG5529_1.jpg

IMAG5530_1.jpg

I still have some detail work to do on the upper RF ear cap. That'll be next, and then the whole helmet will receive final weathering.

Super Nice!! Just when I think you're finished, you do something else to make it look even better!!
I'll bet it looks much better in person !!

Thanks very much, guys! It's a pleasure to show progress on all of my projects.

I got the ears finished up today. Here are a couple of shots of the left ear.

IMAG5536_1.jpg

IMAG5537_1.jpg

And the RF ear.

IMAG5538_1.jpg

IMAG5540_1.jpg

Just for grins, here's a shot showing Daniel's ear cap (screen used) with Scott Russell's ear cap (SE) from the "hybrid" project.

IMAG5534_1.jpg

So now all of the painting and effects are done. Next I'll work on fitting the ears, and then I can begin final weathering!

Whew. . . working on 2 lids at once seems to extend the time needed for all the little steps I need to do at the end of the project.
But things are very close now!
Here's a "twins" view of Daniel's screen-used helmet along with Scott Russell's SE lid.

IMAG5552_1.jpg

As I'm posting this, the epoxy is drying for the light kit which I've just placed in the RF topper.
I also need to cut and install the visor, and then it'll be all done! :D

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back