Superjedi's FPH2 for Scottjua

Yeah - no chance a production-line paint job could ever compare to the sort of special commissions we see here. Unless of course we could build a clone army of superjedi...
Since I've been painting my helmet, I've thought how cool it would be if a painter made vinyl-cut adhesive stencils for every paint color and section, so you would never need to do any masking, just lay down the stencil, spray, let it dry, next stencil, spray, etc. It would still need small details like the grease stains and the white fingerprint added by hand, but it would cut a multi-month project into something that could be done in just a couple weeks.

A clone army. . . hmm. To the laboratory! Muah-ha-ha! ;)

Evan, the method you describe sounds very similar to the way Spideyfett described doing the paint master for Sideshow's lifesize Fett a few years back.

Got a couple more stages done this weekend. First, I detailed the left cheek. There's a little more going on on this side, and I got to use that other strange gray for the damage on the outer curve of the inner cheek. It's the only place on the helmet that it makes an appearance.

I also masked everything off and laid down the red. Now it's starting to look like Fett! :)

Here are a couple of angles of the cheek, as well as the back of the helmet.

IMAG5683_1.jpg

IMAG5685_1.jpg

IMAG5686_1.jpg

I'll be working on the damage on the red areas next.

Thanks!
Whew. . . Christmas week was busy! But I'm still making headway on this ESB.
I've finished up the left half of the brow area above the visor cutout. Since these pics, I've laid in the gray on the right half and I'll be working on the details over the next couple of days.

IMAG5747_1.jpg

IMAG5749_1.jpg

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

If only it were that easy. :D
Got the right mandible finished! Whew. . . this completes the "basic" painting on the helmet itself.
Next I can begin the effects and ears.

IMAG5778_1.jpg

IMAG5780_1.jpg

It's getting close now!

Nope. I love the ESB helmet. :)
I have done a couple of other styles over the past few months, which were fun. I did a Pre-Pro 1 "Eyes" version recently, as well as a comic-style Jaster Mereel. It's nice to get some variety once in a while, but I'ts always a pleasure to return to the ESB.

Your esbs are always so wonderfull to watch the "cat scratch" always looks just right one of the most satisfying parts to see on an esb ... really liked that pp1 you did not too long ago as well! Ive been wanting to do one ever since i saw it

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back