Superjedi's FPH2 for Rnbuda

. . .I love how the helmet is coming along, very happy!

Glad you like it. :)

Using the weekend to good advantage! I got the dome base coated and airbrushed on the first weathering layer.
Then I began doing the damage. I've gotten a good amount done, just didn't stop to take pics in between. But I'll
play catch up now.

Here's the back of the dome. This area has a network of really fine scratches. I use a combination of silver laid down
with a very small detail brush (20/0) and physical scratches.
IMG_4441.JPG
Moving around a little bit, here's another angle of those fine scratches.
IMG_4441.JPG
This is the "stack" behind the RF ear. Again, a few more physical scratches here, but not nearly so many.
IMG_4443.JPG
Jumping over the RF ear arch, we come to the cat scratch region. This is always one of my favorite details to paint!
It's probably one of the more recognizable features of the ESB bucket.
IMG_4445.JPG
From here, the next steps are the damage areas around and above the turn signals, then the dent, then the giant scrape across
the top of the dome. Being that the weekend is coming to an end, things might slow down a bit. But Thanksgiving weekend is
coming up, and I'll have some extra time to do some serious Fettin'! ;)

IMG_4442.JPG

Last edited:
Still moving around the dome. I've gotten the turn signal area done, and. . . the dent! :)
The dent really gives the ESB some character.
IMG_4446.JPG IMG_4447.JPG
There are some small gray and silver details to be added below the dent, but I do the killstripes first so I have some landmarks.
IMG_4449.JPG
Now that these areas are done, I'll move to the big scrape across the top of the dome. Killstripes are on the horizon. . .

Last edited:
Thanks, guys. :) I survived Thanksgiving without my stomach exploding, LOL, and I've been putting in some Fett time to boot.
Here's the latest. I got the cheeks done. The dark outer cheeks were blocked in by hand, then the detail was stenciled and added
with my trusty 18/0 brush. This is rapidly becoming my favorite size to work with.
IMG_4450.JPG
Here's the left cheek. This features a custom gray blend. It's on the outer edge of the inner cheek. It's slightly darker and has a greener
tone than the rest of the gray damage. This is the only area on the helmet where it's used.
IMG_4453.JPG
And. . . killstripes! :) Got everything masked and sprayed late yesterday. The slightly orangey misting on the rear portion of the stripes
is subtle. But it's more apparent if you hold a couple of fingers up to the screen to cover the middle stripes.
IMG_4455.JPG
I did the stripes last night, and finished up the remaining gray and silver today.
IMG_4456.JPG
Still have some "effects" painting to do, but this completes the basic painting on all the green parts! The next stage will be to mask
everything off and get some red on this baby! Once the red is on, the colors will seem to "snap" into place and it will really take on
that characteristic ESB look.

Last edited:
Thanks again!
Here's the latest--got the red on last night. It's good and dry this morning so I'll be able to start working on the damage.

IMG_4458.JPG IMG_4460.JPG
I'll be starting with the keyslot area then working the back half of the "hatband."

Last edited:
Glad you like it. :)

I've made some progress on the damage on the red areas. I began with the keyslots, then moved up onto the band.
I like to break the band up into 3 sections: center, left and right. There are some logical separations in the damage
patterns, and I use these to create imaginary borders between the 3 sections.
IMG_4463.JPG
I'll work on the left section next.

Last edited:
The weekend is still hanging on, and so am I. :lol:
Got the left section of the band done earlier. On this section and on the right section, I really like the broken pattern
of dark maroon/purple at the bottom of the damage just behind the ear platforms. It's so random. :)
IMG_4466.JPG
Next up is the right section, then it's on to the front!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back