Star Wars Action Figure Collectors, Question!

The Clayster

Well-Known Hunter
Hey folks,

I recently went through my collection to gather some stuff up to sell and donate in a recent move. I have a figure that I know nothing about and figured that asking other Star Wars people would be the best way to go. I tried googling this guy a year or so ago and couldn't find out anything.

Maybe my figure is a dud, and that's fine, but I know nothing about it and have never seen or owned a misprint or mistake like this before.

Anyhow, here's a pic:

If anyone knows anything or could refer me to a website to try to figure this out, I'd appreciate it!

12967542_10207989103459575_3005082978421839798_o.jpg

Thanks for the input so far, guys! I'll have to check those places out. My collection was never really that great in the first place but I forgot I had this one!

I don't even remember where I bought it or if it was a gift. I used to spend a lot of money at conventions, so who knows.

Unfortunately its probably not worth much. Everyone was speculating on these figures and they were purchased and made in such mass quantities that most of them have little value today. They are the beanie babies and 90s baseball cards of their time.
I remember back when these came out there was a mass panic trying to find these "variant" figures! Hans with open vs closed hands, Fetts with the dot missing on the glove, Leias belt being different, long vs short lightsabers and what tray they were in, packaged upside down, wrong holo-labels etc etc. and that's just what I remember. I was guilty of looking for these as well. Wish I would have sold them all back then instead of holding on to them. Oh well...that money would have been gone by now and I still don't have it today so I guess it all evens out, lol
I honestly think they were having to shovel these things out of the factories so quick to fulfill demand that quality control suffered greatly and led to all the errors/misprints. There are probably some still worth something, but the most of them devalued greatly.
Good luck with it though! You can always eBay it as an auction with a reserve if there is a price you want to let go of it at.

Hold on to it for a while. Look at the original figures. They didn't appreciate in value in a few years. I'm a figure collector too and I figure once they're 30-40 years old and a lot of the others have gone down hill in condition the ones I have will still be in great shape and worth something. If not they're still a part of my past and great memories and nice additions to my collection.(y)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back