Sonic Beam Weapon - DK Reference Guide Version

DentedGent

Hunter
58C3B07E-F1B3-4A81-92DE-715FC8949592.png
Hey there guys!
I’ll make it as short as I can.

I am currently borrowing a cast of a Sonic Beam Weapon (the spacey-looking versión with the barrel that you see in the DK reference book) from a friend.
All he can tell me is that he acquired it circa 2003. I have never actually seen a real prop of this made before, so I’m curious as to its lineage.
Who sculpted it originally?
Anyone here remember who made these little guys?
It’s awesome and a nice little prop for photos. A little more menacing than the squeegee I suppose lol

Theres something I haven't seen in ages! I think those were offered with the Don Post full fett display and recast? Art Andrews is that right?
Woah! So you’re saying that this little guy probably came from a Don Post full-size Fett display? Interestingly enough, my friend owns one and has it in his dining room! Possibly came from that statue maybe?

Woah! So you’re saying that this little guy probably came from a Don Post full-size Fett display? Interestingly enough, my friend owns one and has it in his dining room! Possibly came from that statue maybe?
Well someone sold casts of them a while back....as in the molded them and made copies

and also the more accurate prop for SE, not the squeegee...

View attachment 180022

sorry for necro-posting. sorry but not sorry.

no worries, the topic of the sonic beam weapon has come up a lot recently because of the 501st people’s discovery of it used in the promo shoot in order to update their builds. not to derail, but apparently the topic of me offering these and whatnot apparently has caused some turmoil within the community here but I have yet to encounter someone criticizing me directly. Back on topic, if anyone is planning on painting casts of these, the better references to use are in the visual dictionary as these promo shots are “washed out.”

Just as an FYI, upcoming changes to the ROTJ SE CRL will require the Visual Dictionary version of the tool, for the more accuracy driven level of approval...

1570497742033.png

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back