Cape Soa ESB Fett WIP

Thanks guys,

I have a better array of tools now then when I first got the armor. With a bit more confidence I cut out some more on the knees and collar armor. I'll sand it down a bit more then touch up the paint again

Sent from my iPhone

Helmet day has arrived:

6b5fec2a3ec66e4f63eee548cffc0b6d.jpg

9ccbdc31dc3ca889a1c0923ddbe83a9a.jpg

46d2d38f19d5d0b7240419382ade58b0.jpg

fcd28d91a3b28559cbd8532a988c011d.jpg

1d62df22857eea524b4024844f1ae12f.jpg

The last couple of days were spent further trimming and sanding. I ordered a bottle of reefer yellow and I think I am going to redo the knees with that.

I did a quick test fit with the flight suit and flak vest to get the stud locations and drilled out the holes for those. It is almost time to start the part I have been dreading the most, drilling out the holes for the knee darts.
I'm hoping I don't screw that up and if I do that it's minor. Anyone got any tips for that?

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited by a moderator:
good start bud! echoing what has been said, you've still got a ton of return edges to sort out. the armor should only appear to be 2-3mm in thickness all around, looks like you have over a half inch at the bottom of the ab plate, some up and around the collar as well as the chest plates. you need to cut your chest light windows too. its always a good idea to cut out/trim before painting for obvious reasons, you definitely don't want to show the white ABS underneath.

I'll get some updates pics of the armor tonight showing the trimmings.

I do appreciate the feedback

Sent from my iPhone

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back