Boots Showoff - Toespikes!

intwenothor

Well-Known Hunter
These spikes have taken a long time to come together but they're finally done and I am well pleased. Collecting the parts must have taken considerably over a year and there was a lengthy hiatus createdby the sudden desire to restore a forty year old Michell turntable. However my only real part in this was to hunt for the parts. The actual work and the plaudits belong solely to Sidewinder...

I contacted SAS a few months back completely out of the blue to ask whether he'd be able to make this happen and have to say he was about as obliging as anyone could be. After a few brief PM discussions I sent my boots and found parts off to him and he started work. There were plenty of updates and ongoing discussion and following from that we decided that the original MOW boots I supplied just weren't going to cut it. Sidewinder was gracious enough to wait for me to order a new pair and send them on to him and he then completed the project. I got them back this morning. Getting these done has excited me more than many parts of this lengthy ongoing project that many might find more significant. Apologies for the rushed photog work but I really wanted to share these as soon as possible.

There are some pretty decent 3D prints out there out the moment but for me the only option is the Genuine Sidewinder Vintage Michell Toe Spike! Accept no substitutes.

Live the dream.

Andy

IMG_1101_zps7d67be87.jpg

IMG_1100_zpsab201ced.jpg

IMG_1099_zps9566e364.jpg

IMG_1098_zpsc67270cb.jpg

Turned out pretty great if you ask me. I think I'd be very grateful if you could post some info and advice on your weathering process if you haven't already in which case can you point the way to your thread. Nice. Very, very nice.

Turned out pretty great if you ask me. I think I'd be very grateful if you could post some info and advice on your weathering process if you haven't already in which case can you point the way to your thread. Nice. Very, very nice.

i second that.

Sent from my R2 unit

Awesome on both of ya Andy and Rob...they look fantastic. Maybe one day i'll get the real parts, for now, my Mojo ones are just fine :)

Actually those MJ are fine and I reckon i might have been pretty happy with a set but they simply weren't and aren't available so although this was a more time consuming and expensive option it was really the only decent option available; the 3d print models are okay but weren't quite what I was looking for.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back