ROTJ WIP

Got my soft parts weathered, so that meant suiting up again to see how everything looks together. I think overall it turned out pretty good, except I think I went a little to dark on the lower legs. I may revisit that area to lighten it up just a tiny bit. Let me know what you all think. Also got my gauntlet hoses measured and cut. Now they are soaking in coffee.
vtORFGO.jpg

uOBrWNT.jpg

Some updates for my build: Received the ammo belt and got it weathered and added the hip pouches, added chest and shoulder decals, mounted the wookie braids using fishing line, right gauntlet hoses weathered with combination of soaking in coffee, then using some acrylic paints. Helmet and jetpack are scheduled to arrive soon, then it will be busy getting those painted up.

Before
zTtWGpD.jpg

After
k6U8po7.jpg

XuqaYmk.jpg

KdbJ7pB.jpg

YfWnDdH.jpg

So here is where I'm currently at with the jetpack. Still have some touch ups and details to add but got the overall painting accomplished. Have to repaint the fuel tank caps since a lot of the paint came off with the tape. Still need to weather it up a bit to tone down the blue and yellow a bit. What do you think?
Xm0Wc4r.jpg

So I think I got my jetpack finished. I added in all the details, got the greeblies attached. Just need to add a couple layers of matte clear coat.
BIdejXZ.jpg

Thrusters are mounted via eye hooks and mini bungee cord.
DUGFSyU.jpg

Also started work on my helmet today. Got the visor cut out, then got primer and silver applied.
G47LkyO.jpg

Took me all weekend, but I finally got my harness figured out and jetpack mounted. I feel like I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
iwtqbpc.jpg

kQAh3nf.jpg

5fwH4AE.jpg

So I have finished the main paint up on my helmet. I am now going to apply a lot of the little details topically. How's it looking?
GhQjdXF.jpg

KHU2xgs.jpg

Question for you guys, how do I go about attaching the rangefinder topper to the stalk?
UfiEP6n.jpg

Thanks. And yes, I did use rattle cans. I decided to only mask all the main silver damage and will be applying everything else topically.
Really coming together nicely. My Father in law is coming over tonight to put on the finishing touches on everything except for the helmet. We are leaving that for the end. I think we have agreed on staying consistent and use rattle cans on the helmet like we did for the armor.

Really coming together nicely. My Father in law is coming over tonight to put on the finishing touches on everything except for the helmet. We are leaving that for the end. I think we have agreed on staying consistent and use rattle cans on the helmet like we did for the armor.
I told myself from the start was going to rattle can the whole thing and it seems to have worked out so far. You've done an amazing job with rattle cans on your build, so I think you guys will be good with the helmet.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back