General ROTJ SE

To take this further, realize that you don't have the vest factored into this scenario (at lest I don't see it). It will change things.

You will need to bend the bar of the harness to coincide with the bend of the jetpack. The hooks attached to the jetpack with push the back plate inward, and all should fit at that point. The vest, harness, and jetpack clips/hooks are a two man job, from the placement and building of it, and of course, the suiting up portion as well...

Not sure I helped, but keep it up!

Hey thanks man. I suit up tomorrow at my buddy's so I will keep your comments in mind and apply accordingly.

its Amazing!! OMFG

Thanks buddy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Suited up for submission photos yesterday and I am not a happy camper. The jetpack is the main issue as it tilts too far back as you can see below. Honestly, I am still unsure how to fix this...
*missing photo

There is a huge gap between the back armor and my rear shoulders. I reckon this can be fixed by moving the stud placements on the back armor backwards.

Anyway, here's a couple of full length shots.
*missing photos

Looking great Tennant, cant wait to see it at LLM!!

You realise I will be bugging you all the time when I start mine!

Hey man,

It seems to me like you have a bit of a gap in your back armor near your shoulders. I'm wondering if you took in the top portion (moved more of the back armor underneath your collar) that that might solve your jetpack issue. Bringing the back armor closer to your body might mean making your harness straps shorter, making the jetpack more upright.

I wouldn't be toooooo worried about having a tilted jetpack. It's near impossible to get it perfectly straight, and you really don't want to have the weight of the pack on your armor, The bar should carry the weight, the straps should determine the distance from your body.

lucasfilmfinal-11.jpg

Hey man,

It seems to me like you have a bit of a gap in your back armor near your shoulders. I'm wondering if you took in the top portion (moved more of the back armor underneath your collar) that that might solve your jetpack issue. Bringing the back armor closer to your body might mean making your harness straps shorter, making the jetpack more upright.

lucasfilmfinal-11.jpg

Thanks Aaron! In fact after that post, I did indeed move the collar stud placement backwards to move the back armor in. Now I just need someone to assist me with suiting up and make adjustments to the straps.

I got some new photos taken with some revisions to weathering and fitting. Thanks to DeathProof for the suggestion to move the collar stud placement, the jetpack has straightened up quite a bit.
Suit up 1.jpg
Suit up 2.jpg
Suit up 3.jpg
Suit up 4.jpg
Suit up 5.jpg

Quite pleased with how it's turned out thus far. Some upgrades/mods I want to achieve eventually;
- Replace the ammo belt. Current one is made with textured leather while I believe a screen accurate one is made out of white vinyl with smooth surface and dyed brown. Alternatively I may consider getting one from Delta13Mike when I have funds.
- Install rangefinder servo.
- Take in a bit of the flightsuit sleeves. Looking too baggy at the moment.

Jetpack angle looks much better Tennant!

How much padding is in your helmet? Looking at it again, we see a lot of your neck seal. Is it possible to move your helmet lower?

How much padding is in your helmet? Looking at it again, we see a lot of your neck seal. Is it possible to move your helmet lower?

20170417_085440.jpg
That's what I have in there. I'll try removing one of the pads in the centre and see if it helps. I kinda have a long neck myself and the way it sits now aligns my line of sight perfectly with the horizontal visor.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome. Something to be proud of.

Thank you.

Not that you asked, but you could tailor the backs of your thighs too, the flightsuit is supposed to be more fitted than yours looks.

Sent from my XT1049

Not that you asked, but you could tailor the backs of your thighs too, the flightsuit is supposed to be more fitted than yours looks.

Sent from my XT1049

Good catch! Thanks for the suggestion, which I very much appreciate. I'll get the tailor to take in the sleeves and the legs for a closer fit.

In an attempt to lower the helmet to conceal more of my neck seal, I removed the central pad and I think it helped a little. The visor now clearly sits lower but thankfully doesn't obstruct my vision...much.
20170421_211646_edited.jpeg

The flight suit is at the tailor's and should be done next Tuesday,

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back