rotj ee-3 painting colors

fettfw3

Hunter
hey every one I'm getting to the point of painting the ee-3 (ROTJ). I'm almost done with the assembly of it and I been looking around here for the steps on painting now.
Do I first spray it silver then layer the black over it ? then sand edges to give it that weathered look or what ?
I also need to know what black to use I don't believe its a flat black.
So any help here is appreciated my fellow dent heads.

What I did was painted mine flat black, then rubbed it down with graphite powder and weathered with silver rub and buff. The graphite turns the black to a more dark greyish blued steel look. Also if you let the rub and buff sit a few mins and buff it a little it looks like bright polished steel.

I like the flat black with the graphite powder ieda. Sounds like a cool way to get that patina look. I may test this out on some stuff!

Anywho what i usually use i krylon black primer bcuse its ultra flat but not pure black. it had a naturally greyish tone to it. then i dry brish the entire thing with Model masters enamel silver chrome trim paint. I put a little in a bowl and dab a house painting brush into it, then dab it on a paper towel to get the bulk of the paint off the brush, then gently but quickly pass it over any areas that i want the edges to have a worn metal look and after the brush seem almost completely spent of paint, i go over the whole thing to get a touch of that silver on the rest. It should be very subtle. Then i do a wash with a burnt sienna acrylic to get a nice rusty type color into the edges. I try to do this minimialisticly to not over do it.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back