ROTJ costume coming along

SexyNerdGirl

New Hunter
Hey everybody! Just wanted to keep everyone updated on how my progress is going with my ROTJ costume. Now this is all very new to me and no I’m not trying to be 100% screen accurate on everything so please understand. The only thing that I really want screen accurate is the ESB helmet. Also, the gauntlets in the picture aren’t “screen accurate” (I’m well aware of that) but I got them for free and I wasn’t about to pass up the opportunity! I can always make adjustments or upgrade later on. Anyway, here’s a picture of what I have so far. Let me know what you think. Oh and if you know of any good shops that sell nice flexible doll hair for the Wookiee braids, I’d really appreciate it. These Wookiee braids I received from Etsy last night are too stiff and kind of ratty looking. Smh.

D7A065D4-EAA4-413F-B970-F15DBA1BDACF.jpeg

If you want an accurate helmet for ROTJ, you don't want ESB.
I know but I LOVE the ESB helmet so that’s the look I’m going for. I’m going for a mixed look of both ESB and ROTJ armor. The girth belt I’m getting from MOW will also be the ESB one because I like maroon better than bright red. I like the ROTJ cape better than the ESB one so that’s what I’m going with too.

Awesome stuff! :)

On a positive, I don't think that folks are going to look at your costume and care that your helmet and cape are from a different film than your gauntlets.... Call me crazy.

Cool blaster

It looks good so far, I might be wrong but isn't the SE version the ROTJ suit with an ESB helmet either way it looks cool

It looks good so far, I might be wrong but isn't the SE version the ROTJ suit with an ESB helmet either way it looks cool
Yep SE Fett is basically ROTJ everything + ESB helmet. They actually used the original ESB helmet for the shot in ANH SE, which is why it looks so much more beat up (not that you can really tell from a handful of frames). The ESB helmet was manhandled for like 15 years up to that point.

Don't mind me, I just love Fett helmet history...

Yep SE Fett is basically ROTJ everything + ESB helmet. They actually used the original ESB helmet for the shot in ANH SE, which is why it looks so much more beat up (not that you can really tell from a handful of frames). The ESB helmet was manhandled for like 15 years up to that point.

Don't mind me, I just love Fett helmet history...
ANH SE had the ROTJ helmet. ROTJ SE had the ESB helmet.

fans hardly notice much. I can't tell you how many times iv seen and heard (pointing at a tie pilot) "Look kids there's Darf Vaders" ... Smh. Looks like you have a good start on a fun costume.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back