BudaFett's ESB Fett WIP

BudaFett

Hi I’m Bobert!
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello everyone! After 6 years of lurking on this site I'm finally ready to start my Empire Strikes Back Boba Fett build! Thanks to everyone so far who's helped me out via PMing and Facebook with those stupid questions I've had!

UPDATED LIST:

Currently Have:

Helmet: FPH2 by Fett Pride FINISHED by superjedi
Metal Ears: MachineCraft and painted by SuperJedi
Light kit: Jc27 kit.
*Found Part* Polaroid sx-70 view lens
*Found Part* MQ-1 Casio Calculator circuit board* Needs to be installed

Armor: FP Armor by Fett Pride FINISHED by Ponte
Chest electronics: Fettronics
Knee Darts: MachineCraft

Gauntlets: FP painted by Fett 4 Real
Copper Rocket and darts: Machinecraft
*Found Part* Eveready Mini Light*
*Found Part* MQ-1 Casio Calculator*
*Found Part* Micro Mega Dental files*
*Found Part*correct momentary push-button switches

Flight suit: Clothears
Flak vest: Clothears
Gloves: Clothears

Cape: Man of War Studios (limited wool edition)
Ammo Belt: Vinyl Belt by woodman . Painted by bcurtis
Girthbelt: Woodman
Wookiebraids: V2 wookie braids by Woodman

*Found Part* : Pucle 40 Sidearm

Jetpack Harness: Locally made by Hansen Metal Fabrication. Straps and bucles by www.strapworks.com
*Found Part* vintage US diver buckle*

Jetpack: MOW. Painted by me.
Jetpack beacon, Stabilizer bottom vent: Dakota
Activation Buttons, collar and Directional Thruster greebies: Dark Side

Bootspikes and Shin Tool Blade: Mojo Fett
Jetpack clips and hooks: full metal fett

Shintools: *Found Paterson squeegee and stir stick* (Squeegee and Chemical Stirrer) painted by Darth Voorhees

EE3 Blaster: ESB built by Sidewinder
*Found Part* Unimax fail-safe switch type “O”*
*Found Part* Renwal reveal v8 greebies*
*Found Part* Pin & Socket Connectors*
*Found Part* Umarex type 3 4x20 scope with correct feet*
*Found Part* AM Earth Plugs x 3
Walnut wood stock: Woodman
Leather sling: Woodman

Holster: *Found Parts* Real Nemrod holster.

02EF1F77-96C9-464D-BB94-1A074090DB34_zps2x0elmov.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Rob i have a decent set of synthetic braids i was gonna put up for $25 shipped...if you want em, LMK I'll PM ya pics n all that.

A82B1208-B8F3-4F11-A8DB-AF28D8865D00_zpsp3legkmj.jpg

Small Update: MOW ESB cape came in today! Cargo Hold deal from Major! Weathering will be done this week!

I should also be getting my aluminum collar studs too next week!

Thanks Verbal21! I'm hoping to have a pretty accurate Fett coming under SSC's price!

I just finished weathering my cape using Rafalfett's soft goods cape template! I used razor blade to do all the damage and pastels and black primer spray paint to do the weathering! Whatca think?!

65CF6A6E-AC92-4903-8BD1-856B6C1E3AA2_zps8yseminw.jpg

Some small advancements on my build! I purchased a MOW jetpack from Christian and that should arrive mid-September and I look forward to building and painting that myself! It'll be the first kit of any kind that I will prep and paint! I also bought a sidearm holster from Chris at Fett Pride and that'll also arrive sometime later September or early October!

Today, I got my ESB ammo belt from Mike aka Delta13Mike! Looks and feels great and the functioning ammo pockets are awesome! Very please and he's a great guy to work with! Here are some pictures!

A409B5E2-2589-4717-B030-8A57B27B1B26_zpshidcifep.jpg

CEC049CF-FE1B-47AE-BDB7-BC05DFCC23E9_zpsennkeiaj.jpg

3970397d-abda-4410-88e7-9ff47077bdeb_zps92e09779.jpg

A3C31DD9-EF94-4FDA-99C4-3C61F3DC2357_zpsqv1fuwct.png

Good luck with the build. It's always nice to watch another ESB Fett taking shape. Hopefully I can steal some ideas from you along the way :)

Look what came today! Can't wait to get the handle painted and the blaster assembled!

194d607b-3c07-4396-ba4f-1074d943bb2e_zpsb7bc1a7a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! Now that the blaster has dried 48 plus hours its far less shinny than when I took that picture. I'm very pleased! You'll be seeing more of my build in a separate thread soon but I'll be updating this one as my progress starts on my MOW jetpack which will arrive late next week!

Just got back from Disney and look what was waiting for me at home! Dental File from Art and my MOW jetpack! To be honest, it's smaller than I expected but can't wait to get started!

a258ee51-c9eb-4cf8-9733-8771717f74c0_zpscc15edf0.jpg

So between last night and during my lunch break I've found sometime to work on my jetpack! I gave it a long warm bath with dish soap and washed every piece and let them dry. I started filling in the release points on the back of the jetpack and gave each piece and the main body a slight sanding to smooth everything out and get rid of the mold lines. Over all it was an amazing smooth cast and easy for someone like me to prep. Tonight, I'll get my new dremel and get into the tight spaces and finish the sanding prep.

One thing I did mange to do successfully without breaking was I took Lou's ( Darth Voorhees) suggestion of sanding down the top of the piano key pieces to make for a cleaner fit once I glue them on! Worked out well after a few minutes with my mouse sander! Came out looking good and nothing broke!

I hope tonight I can have all the sanding complete and use the PVC method of attaching thrusters and have everything glued into place and attach magnets to the rocket to keep everything together!

D4C14C0D-1C5A-452D-8DB3-490C5506C8AC_zpsiqznbzhz.jpg

3B6601E3-B4E4-4B60-A049-498CB86628C0_zps6acrps4f.jpg

Thrusters are in place using MOW's PVC method and top of the tanks, piano keys, and the top piece on the main body of the jetpack have been epoxied. I also epoxied the "wings" on the rocket. Tonight I'll finish the attachment method to the rocket and how to close the trap door on the back. After that clean her up and get ready for the first layer of primer.

83668433-E19B-4B80-B0BC-B4BC7CB64AF8_zpsqkgg59mi.jpg

58643AA2-25C9-4602-A15E-7AD500CCB928_zpslev7kr4p.jpg

Looks good. The jetpack is one of the only pieces I'm getting assembled and painted by someone else, so I'll live vicariously through you as you work your way through the process of putting it together and painting it. Keep posting progress pics (y)

Made some decent progress on my jetpack! The main colors are all painted up and everything that needs to be attached by glue or by magnet is expect the thrusters. The color in the picture seems to make the jetpack a little darker than it appears in person.

2F5E744F-763B-4B6D-A3E8-2F07FBB75ADC_zpsyyvhdy24.jpg

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back