Helmet RF Servo's

Kdogg211187

Hunter
I'm having a BKBT helmet casted at the moment so I wanted to start looking into getting a servo for the RF. I done some searching through this forum and haven't really come across the info i'm looking for. So I am curious as to what other Jango's here have done for servo's for their helmets.

I've had brief chats with JC27 about his kits but it looks like his servo kits are more Boba themed with alco switches and additional connections for lights. Both of which Jango does not use. Some feedback from anyone who has installed his kit in their helmet would be great. Would swapping the alco switch with an accurate Jango gauntlet switch (I'm thinking the 2 position toggle switch would work best) be doable? Would I need a PHD in electric engineering to do so?

I've also seen that Salamander King produces servo kits but after reading his thread it looks like its just 15 pages of people asking "why doesn't this work" or "what do these wires do?" with no real way to actually attach the servo to the stalk without a little bit of "ingenuity". So the user friendliness has me a little weary.

If anyone has experience with either of these 2 kits in their Jango bucket I would love to hear how they worked for you. Also, if you used neither and did something totally different I'd be interested in learning that as well. Thanks.

I know Fettseven had one of my original servo kits installed in his jango and he placed in the costume contest at celebration Anaheim. The new connections for the rangefinder on my new servo kit isn't something you need to use.
As for the switches, how type and how many are you looking to use?

You can wire a 2 channel relay switch to the servo that is activated with a key fob. Then, if you're handy with a soldering iron, desolder the switches from the fob then resolder them on 12" leads. Hold the leads i place by taping them around around your middle and ring fingers under your gloves with the switches on your fingertips. Hide the rest of the fob under your gauntlet. I can then activate the servo without anyone noticing that i'm pressing the button on my finger with my thumb.

Does your kit require 2 switches? 1 to go down and another to go back up?
Yes. In my sales thread there are YouTube videos of how my kits work and there is a Dropbox link that has PDFs on how they all get assembled.

Yes. In my sales thread there are YouTube videos of how my kits work and there is a Dropbox link that has PDFs on how they all get assembled.

Is it possible for me to change the switches myself once they arrive? Or maybe use the method Mike described? You could ship it with any cheap switches to save your alco's for Boba people.

The switches are not connected to anything. The gauntlet transmitter has wires with push on connectors attached to them, the push on connectors slide onto the switch terminals.

IMG_1242.JPG

Think is.... Jangos aren't setup for a movable RF. SO if your handy you can make it work....if you aren't. Youll need to find someone who is. The ears and stalk aren't made for a pivoting RF stalk so you need a Boba stalk and mod the ears to work with it. OR just leave it be since its pretty work intensive to do.

Think is.... Jangos aren't setup for a movable RF. SO if your handy you can make it work....if you aren't. Youll need to find someone who is. The ears and stalk aren't made for a pivoting RF stalk so you need a Boba stalk and mod the ears to work with it. OR just leave it be since its pretty work intensive to do.

Doesn't that seem like a big oversight? You can clearly see Jango's RF move down when he lassos OWK on kamino (hell the damn thing even moved 90 degrees backwards, but I won't get into THAT discussion). The buckets should be designed to allow for the movement of the RF.

Regardless, I still want to put the effort into making it work. It adds an extra dimension of bad-assery to the whole ensemble.

It looks like with the push connectors on JC's rig, I can slide those onto any switch I want and crimp them down and be good to go (in theory).

Doesn't that seem like a big oversight? You can clearly see Jango's RF move down when he lassos OWK on kamino (hell the damn thing even moved 90 degrees backwards, but I won't get into THAT discussion). The buckets should be designed to allow for the movement of the RF.

Regardless, I still want to put the effort into making it work. It adds an extra dimension of bad-assery to the whole ensemble.

It looks like with the push connectors on JC's rig, I can slide those onto any switch I want and crimp them down and be good to go (in theory).
The design of the Jango RF is based of the screen used stalk. I think the boba stalks are also thicker then the Jango....so you may need to have it custom made to fit into the ears

The design of the Jango RF is based of the screen used stalk. I think the boba stalks are also thicker then the Jango....so you may need to have it custom made to fit into the ears

My bucket is coming from Cruzer and he advertises an 1/8in steel stalk. What is Boba's stalk thickness typically? Is 1/8in still too thin?

The cruzer/bkbt helmet does allow for a moving rangefinder, 90 degrees foreward (no dumb backward movement. That's the helmet I put a servo in to, as I described above. See if you can find some motherboard mounts (stand-offs) to give the servo a plane to seat on.

The cruzer/bkbt helmet does allow for a moving rangefinder, 90 degrees foreward (no dumb backward movement. That's the helmet I put a servo in to, as I described above. See if you can find some motherboard mounts (stand-offs) to give the servo a plane to seat on.

Will definitely look into that.

I don't have any other switches than the alco ones. Since radioshack is pretty much gone, I am not too sure where else you could get switches from. You could try lowes and home depot, but their selection will be pretty small.

I don't have any other switches than the alco ones. Since radioshack is pretty much gone, I am not too sure where else you could get switches from. You could try lowes and home depot, but their selection will be pretty small.

hmm...ok. sounds like this is something I will just have to order "as is" then.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back