Recaster Alert: Salamanderking

Ahhh.. the great old recasting debate. Nevermind how much everyone selling star wars props is turding all over someone else's intellectual property.....or how so many of the "great products" are recasts or retools in themselves....(I don't care if you widened the mandibles)

I wouldn't explain or try to justify the gray areas to newer members, it's just a mess. I understand no one likes to see "art" they put time into have rubber so easily poured over it.... but claiming ownership over Star Wars stuff always has made me LOL.

It's funny no matter how many recasters I've spotted over the past 15 years or so, none of them seem to be getting any better at mold making

Sorry to hear about your woes Wasted Fett, but this is just one of those things that happens to anyone producing worthwhile products in our hobby.

If only we could coat our shipped orders in some sort of aerosol spray that would inhibit curing of silicone. Roll those helmets in sulfur. I'm sure it'll be fine.

IMG_8116.JPG
IMG_8115.JPG
Ahhh.. the great old recasting debate. Nevermind how much everyone selling star wars props is turding all over someone else's intellectual property.....or how so many of the "great products" are recasts or retools in themselves....(I don't care if you widened the mandibles)

I wouldn't explain or try to justify the gray areas to newer members, it's just a mess. I understand no one likes to see "art" they put time into have rubber so easily poured over it.... but claiming ownership over Star Wars stuff always has made me LOL.

It's funny no matter how many recasters I've spotted over the past 15 years or so, none of them seem to be getting any better at mold making

Sorry to hear about your woes Wasted Fett, but this is just one of those things that happens to anyone producing worthwhile products in our hobby.

If only we could coat our shipped orders in some sort of aerosol spray that would inhibit curing of silicone. Roll those helmets in sulfur. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Giving it a go without using somebody else's work

* I must note for the record this is not my work but my close friend and prop making partner Jon's . I can not claim somebody else's work as my own.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back