General RealMatix's ESB Constuction (WIP)

Started with the jetpack.....got some nice 3D (FDM, ABS) parts...feels a bit like cheating, but i'm okay with it :D
thanks @RafalFett these parts are just awesome!

IMG_6643.JPG IMG_6646.JPG

IMG_6647.JPG IMG_6655.JPG

As you can see i steamed some parts with acetone. It really smooths out the "stairs" and i have less to sand.

IMG_6656.JPG IMG_6657.JPG

IMG_6658.JPG IMG_6659.JPG

Thanks @TK50175, i recognized that there is no picture of the finished (weathered) helmet... i will take some pictures soon!
Anyway... i'm currently working on a new helmet...more detailed and based on Rafal's templates and 3D files. I plan to mold and cast it..for personal use, and just for the "Doing it".

IMG_0036[1].JPG IMG_0042[1].JPG IMG_0037[2].JPG

To get my mind free for other stuff i tried to complete my gauntlets. Not much time these days...it is made of 3mm, 1mm PVC, putty, hot glue, Wood pipe and humbrol enamel.

IMG_0040[1].JPG

Gold or white for the tip? What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this isn't a big thing...but i did the short research and work anyways. There is not much to find about
the weathering process for them (caused by the reason..."it isn't a big thing") :lol: and you can get it right by just looking at the Gallery...

ESB_Gloves_Weathered_V01.jpeg

ESB_Gloves_Weathered_V01.jpeg

Doing some Jetpack business.... pvc (sintra) used from 1-3 mm and some sort of foam filled pvc sandwich stuff with 1cm, very lightweight and stable.
It is really fun but more complicated than i thought.

IMG_0057.JPG IMG_0058.JPG IMG_0060.JPG IMG_0061.JPG IMG_0063.JPG IMG_0064.JPG IMG_0065.JPG IMG_0067.JPG IMG_0069.JPG IMG_0070.JPG IMG_0071.JPG IMG_0080.JPG IMG_0082.JPG IMG_0085.JPG IMG_0086.JPG

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back