Gloves PP2 showoff

Mike M.

Well-Known Hunter
Community Staff
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
just wanted to post a quick photo of the often-rumored but previously unreleased Mike M. PP2 gloves. These guys will go up for sale in the cargo hold Tuesday, November 20, 2018. I have four pairs on hand, and when they're gone it may be a while before I get some more. They'll be more than regular gloves because getting the patches was a pig.

One pair is tentatively spoken for, but if I don't hear back soon they'll be available too. Also, be on the lookout for 2018 Run 6 of ROTJ and ESB.

20181119_143817.jpg

Are the cuffs going to eventually be the same color as the finger/back hand padding as seen in all of the references? Snap enclosure as opposed to a button as an option? Both of these will be requirements on the upcoming PP2 CRL. Maybe it's the lighting but that left hand patch looks a bit greenish and should be heavily tinted brown since the patches and gloves were all originally dyed at the same time. This is also specified in the very soon to be published PP2 CRL. Full transparency, PP1 will follow a similar if not identical suit.
jnV06v2.png

next go around of pp2's i'll do a tackle twill cuff. the patches were attached when the gloves went into the dye bath, the left hand patch didn't take the color like the right hand did, not sure what to do about that. and as for the snap closure vs a button, i will have to look into sourcing that, since i don't currently have that part.

I don’t know if it will help or not but I had this same issue with some patched not taking dye. I started off ordering patches from military supply stores online and I picked up hook back patches not really knowing what I was getting. They have a Velcro like back as part of the patch. I ordered everything in olive drab figuring that it would be easier to dye brown.
These are a bunch of my test runs
d0F0o7K.jpg

J4elnU7.jpg

The two on the right went through dye baths too and didn’t take any of the color. The two in the center and the one on the left were olive to start as well and took the dye just fine. The ones that worked good were cheaper sew on patches I found on eBay for a couple dollars each.
I’m not sure if the patches you used were the hook back or not. Probably has to do more with the material of the patch. But I figured I would post and it might help.

none of the patches i've used have velcro backs, they're all sew on. i'm sure they could be "fixed" with the right weathering, but finding some in the future that will take some color would be nice.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back