Flight Suit PP2 interest? Help me pick the color!

So the spats are nearly grey. But then so is the suit. All those pictures have too much blue in the colors.
Now I can say I'm not 100% the suit colour wasnt slightly darker than that swatch I picked but if it was, it was only by a little.

Rafalfett may think the weathering making it as dark as it appears is absurd but it is an actual fact that the entire suit has been heavily weathered to a darker colour than it started as.

I don’t think RafalFett was arguing the fact that was the way it was achieved. I think he meant it was absurd to start with the lighter color then weather it to make it look darker when you could start with the darker color and then only need a lighter weathering to achieve the same results.

I don’t think RafalFett was arguing the fact that was the way it was achieved. I think he meant it was absurd to start with the lighter color then weather it to make it look darker when you could start with the darker color and then only need a lighter weathering to achieve the same results.
So heres the thing.... you wont get the desired effect doing that... a clean lightly weathered suit wont look the same as a heavily weathered suit. Its like a lot of the people who barely weather their flight suit or paint. Boba is a dirty boy.

So heres the thing.... you wont get the desired effect doing that... a clean lightly weathered suit wont look the same as a heavily weathered suit. Its like a lot of the people who barely weather their flight suit or paint. Boba is a dirty boy.

Agreed. I really have no business in this conversation. I know very little about the PP2.

Last edited:
Here's my ESB color test. It's a bit lighter than Baby blue but darker than the pocket underneath.
It has some light weathering at the far left.
I agree the PP2 suit could be darker than ESB to start with but only by a little bit

20161226_234313.jpg

This ESB in progress shows only a little weathering. Still lots to go.
Again I think the PP2 suit could start a bit darker. There isn't a Pantone I think matches what I think it should be. But the below "Forget me Not " is as dark and saturated as I would dare go. Keep in mind in person it looks much lighter than this image.

20161227_050344.jpg

154312.jpg

Here is my flight suit currently. I have dyed it and airbrushed several different times and it still misses the mark in my opinion.

20170722_143249.jpg

20170623_094338.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back