Flight Suit PP2 interest? Help me pick the color!

Arkady

Well-Known Hunter
Hey guys! I am thinking about having some fabric dyed professionally for PP2 flightsuits but I need to know what color to have it dyed. I would be using the same or very similar fabric that I get dyed for Jango suits, a white prepared for dye mid-weight twill. I need some input on color though. If anybody is interested, please go to this website and check out the colors:
- Find a Pantone Color | Quick Online Color Tool
You need to scroll down to Fashion and Interior design and the color code needs to end in TPX. You can always go back to the beginning of the color match if none of those is right but the number has to end in TPX so that the dye house can match it. Thanks! :)

I would be using the same or very similar fabric that I get dyed for Jango suits, a white prepared for dye mid-weight twill.! :)
You said this... you said youd use the same fabric you use for Jango.... why wouldn't you use the same fabric you use for Boba?

I have been able to find light blue fabric for ESB. It is colorfast and will not easily take dye. The Jango fabric I have to have custom dyed because that is basically an impossible color to find fabric in. So I buy white PFD fabric and take it to the dye house. That is what I would like to do for PP2 but I don't have a swatch or a pantone color to take to them. The Jango was matched up years ago with a swatch from the Trisha Biggar Dressing a Galaxy book. But alas, I do not have that for PP2. Hence the request.

I thought you used a heavier weight fabric for Jango then Boba? Which is why I am confused as to why you would use the fabric you use (a heavier weight fabric) for PP2.

The white PFD might be a bit heavier, but that's because that is what I can get. I can't always (or hardly ever) find exactly what I am looking for, it doesn't really work like that.

I really like this color ==> Find a Pantone Color | Quick Online Color Tool. It's not perfect, but pretty close to the Pre-Pro #2 one:

PP2 Flightsuit Color.png

Thanks Raf, I really appreciate the input. Color is so subjective and my family laughs at me because I say school buses are orange not yellow :) Anyone else have suggestions?

In person the swatch looks even lighter. ;)
But yes if you look at the suit it has spray weathering all over it, even the arms. That darkens it considerably.
You have to look at the lightest places like on the pockets and realize the unweathered color is even lighter than those areas to start with.
The TPX range is limited in this area. Another one I liked was "Forget me not" Its a shade darker but this has a bit too much yellow in it.

In person the swatch looks even lighter. ;)
But yes if you look at the suit it has spray weathering all over it, even the arms. That darkens it considerably.
You have to look at the lightest places like on the pockets and realize the unweathered color is even lighter than those areas to start with.
The TPX range is limited in this area. Another one I liked was "Forget me not" Its a shade darker but this has a bit too much yellow in it.
So looks like the spats are the true color?

Is is supposed to be the same color? Kinda looks like weathered white, like the ROTJ. Just curious. I have never seen it in person and I don’t claim to know anything about the PP2.

I don't see the Pre-Pro #2 flight suit color that light; that color is more close to the Pre-Pro #3/ESB, but even for those suits that color looks too bright. Maybe the spats are from another suit, possibly the Pre-Pro #1 (like the abdominal plate taken from the same suit). Also the PP2 flight suit looks like it was dyed badly/in a hurry, because it has lots of color variations (also visible on the vest too). It is absurd to dye the suit with that light blue color, than weather it totally to look more darker.

Boba_Fett_HS_Fathead.png

Boba-Fett-Costume-Second-Prototype-11.jpg

I was at first thinking the spats and the left pouch are grey but it looks like the left pouch is grey, the right is brown and the spats are light blue.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back