PP2 Fett project start-up

NorCalCap

Hunter
I am planning on starting a PP2 Fett and I am in search of any information, tips, techniques, or resident experts to dialogue with regarding this particular version. Anyone who may have leads or knowledge on paint colors, what or where to obtain PP2 armor kits or which version is most suitable out of ESB or ROTJ, gauntlets particulars, soft parts etc.. I have included the photos I intend to use as reference but any help or support is greatly appreciated

PP2  FETT 12.jpg

PP2 FETT 11.jpg

PP2 FETT 13.jpg

PP2 FETT 14.jpg

PP2 FETT 15.png

PP2 FETT 16.png

PP2 FETT 17.jpg

PP2 FETT 18.jpg

PP2 FETT 19.jpeg

PP2 FETT 20.jpg

Very nice mashup! Its well put together.

As for the helmet, the GMH is the closest for that particular version because of the damage it has as a direct cast off of the PP2. It is, however, a small helmet. If you're interested in a larger helmet I'm currently offering helmet kits that would work beautifully for your project, if you're interested: For Sale Le1120's Fett V2 helmet kits in gelcoat *Limited run of 20*

Some paint ups that might be handy:

Superjedi: Superjedi's GMH--Pre-Pro 2
Rubio95: Let's Paint a PP2!
ThirdEThree: ThirdEThree GMH PP2 paint up!

and RafalFett's amazing stencils: (Which would fit my helmet precisely due to it being based on the same measurements Raf uses) Boba Fett Pre-Pro #2 (PP2) Helmet Stencils

Also I could do a helmet paint commission if you're interested, using one of the helmets I make. PM me if you're interested.

Just look around, there's plenty of info. I know others have done PP2 costumes before.

le1120 thanks so much for that post super helpful. Honestly I would prefer a smaller helmet as I have a fairly small sized head 21.5 in diameter. The bucket I got for my Cpt. Fett was from NME props it was their Medium sized option and it was perfect. I reached out to the member skyfire (i believe) who is now casting those GMH helmets but did not get a response yet. I'll PM as I have a few additional questions. Thanks

Slowly making progress in terms of locating the items I will need for this project. I picked up a coldcast GMH off of etsy.com. I also picked up all of the PP2 paints based on the list provided to me by paint master himself Superjedi. I plan to use The Imperial Outpost Armory for my gauntlets/armor. I am going to modify a set of ESB guantlets and scratch build the coiled flamethrower because MOW no longer offers the PP2 kits. For the armor I will use a mix. A ROTJ left chest piece, collar, back, kidney plates. With undented knees, shoulders, ab, and cod which I will heat and add the dents myself based on reference photos. Still in search of a JP and a bunch of misc. pieces. Found the glove patches on ebay, and contacted several fellow TDH member regarding soft parts, decals etc.. all of who I intend to purchase from as I get through the holidays etc.. Any and all feedback or insight on resources, materials, how to's etc.. are welcomed and appreciated. Happy Holidays

That GMH is pretty much crap....its a recast of the GMH and a poor one at that. FYI Skyfire is the seller of the actual GMH right now.

That was mine. I sold it to start the PP2 build.

- - - Updated - - -

20161228_182740.jpg
Here's the bucket I picked up. Cut out the key slots and visor using the tips and technique of Superjedi.Spot filling and a bit more sanding as I prep for painting.20161229_195048.jpg20161229_154039.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some progress pics of my work on the back panels. Big thanks to Eric for his input with all of my newbie questions. I went a bit overboard with my spraying of the CNW Drk Grn so with some helpful input I plan to re-spray them with a toned down mix.
helmprogress1.jpgHelmprogress2.jpgHelmprogress3.jpg

. 20170104_171339.jpg20170104_175407.jpg20170104_175402.jpg

A few more progress shots of my GMH PP2 paint-up. I am awaiting a new set of super fine 0-000 detailing brushes to arrive so I can complete the final stages of silver topical scratches, and damage to the entire rear section of the helmet as well as complete the key slots.
Rear Panel 1.jpgRear Rim Lft 1.jpgRear Rim RT 1.jpgRear Rim Pink 1.jpgRear Rim Pink 2.jpgRear Rim Pink 3.jpgRear Rim Pink 4.jpg

Finished up the rear panels. I just have to add a subtle misting of brown to the keyslot before I can call this entire section a wrap.

RearPanel:Key2.jpgRearPanel:Key3.jpgRear Panel:Key1.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back