1. We have upgraded our platform!

To learn more about the migration and how to use new features, please click here.

Dismiss Notice

Photobucket- WTF?

Discussion in 'The Sarlacc Pit' started by clmayfield, Jun 30, 2017.

1. clmayfield

clmayfield Member

Thanks! I didn't know that Photobucket owns Imgur. I definitely don't want to migrate over only to have to migrate again!

2. Fett 4 Real

Fett 4 Real Sr Member

Attach it to your post....we host your pics here on TDH.....

clmayfield likes this.
  3. Matty Matt

Matty Matt Active Member

Photobucket doesn't own imgur. They own tinypic.

4. clmayfield

clmayfield Member

Yeah. I am going to go back and do that for some posts. The frustrating thing is that this is not the only Forum I am a member of. Links are broken all across the Internet. There is a custom pistol site that I am a member of. It doesn't get a lot of action, but it contains a ton of shots of custom pistols, which helps people decide how they might want to customize their own pistols. That knowledge base just disappeared. Same with a lot of the older posts here. I am glad we have an alternative method here, but I am crying about how Photobucket has ruined so much work done by hobbyists in a variety of communities.

Had they priced it at, say, $10 a month. I would be on board. I am not a free loader, but $30 a month is just not reasonable for most users. I am at 2% storage capacity of my free account. But I am beating a dead horse here.

5. superjedi

superjedi Sr Member

I'm starting to upload pics directly to TDH. I completed the first "restoration" tonight: my ESB for Jesster.

Superjedi's MF #6 ESB for Jesster

It takes a while. . .

clmayfield likes this.
  6. Silverstalker

Silverstalker Member

Perfect thanks (y)

7. Art Andrews

Art Andrews Community Founder

Please don't do this. Thanks to the new process, we have the ability to pull images, even from Photobucket onto the site now. It was one of our biggest motivators. Over the course of the next week, we will be automatically moving your images for you.

8. rnbuda

rnbuda Active Member

superjedi isn't going to want to read that...

9. superjedi

superjedi Sr Member

Lol!
    Art, really?! Actually that's amazing. I was resigned to spending uncounted hours re-imaging my threads, but this is great!

Art Andrews likes this.
  10. Silverstalker

Silverstalker Member

OHHHHHH CRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPP :eek:::(:(:(

Edit

Wait........ Wait...... I just checked my PhotoBucket and they are all still there I thought I deleted it all... so Art does this mean all build threads will be restored, as if by magic :cry:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2017 at 6:55 AM
  11. DeathProof

DeathProof Active Member

Seriously? That's great news!

12. Art Andrews

We are working on it. IF people deleted their images (and many have done so in frustration at Photobucket's policy change) then we are screwed. If your images are still on PB, we are slowly but surely moving them. There are 10s of thousands that have to be migrated, so it is going to take some time, but we are actively working on it.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017 at 6:55 AM
    DeathProof and RealMatix like this.
  13. Art Andrews

I just saw some of yours move over last night. One of your posts was our testbed. :)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017 at 6:55 AM
    Silverstalker likes this.
  14. Matty Matt

Matty Matt Active Member

This is great. I thought I was going to have to re-post them all.

15. Silverstalker

Silverstalker Member

Outstanding. Nice to see you are thinking of the community and hearing its frustration over what PB did (y)