Photobucket- WTF?

yea WTF! wonderful! to say im pissed would be an understatement... I got the e-mail telling me i have to upgrade....so for s**ts n giggles i clicked on the link, and it brought me to this page.... please look at the cost....are they out of their minds????

WTFphotobucket.jpg

Attachments

• WTFphotobucket.jpg
    WTFphotobucket.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 190
Last edited by a moderator:
by the way for now im using imgbb ..it has only a small amount of space but its good enough for now. My wife said she has a server i can use for image storage/sharing so i will use that once i know how lol. Photobucket is going to destroy themselves with this one!

My photos are still working for the time being, but I've signed up at imgur and I guess I'll be re-hosting everything there. Photobucket has sucked for a long time but I wasn't expecting this.

Imgur is owned by PhotoBucket!. ya never know it may end up going the same way... Raf made a valid point to do a direct up load but that will depend on the space held withing TDH I guess...

I currently use Flickr? seems ok but the pictures are really blown up to a massive scale when you post them?

Attach it to your post....we host your pics here on TDH.....

Yeah. I am going to go back and do that for some posts. The frustrating thing is that this is not the only Forum I am a member of. Links are broken all across the Internet. There is a custom pistol site that I am a member of. It doesn't get a lot of action, but it contains a ton of shots of custom pistols, which helps people decide how they might want to customize their own pistols. That knowledge base just disappeared. Same with a lot of the older posts here. I am glad we have an alternative method here, but I am crying about how Photobucket has ruined so much work done by hobbyists in a variety of communities.

Had they priced it at, say, $10 a month. I would be on board. I am not a free loader, but $30 a month is just not reasonable for most users. I am at 2% storage capacity of my free account. But I am beating a dead horse here.

I'm starting to upload pics directly to TDH. I completed the first "restoration" tonight: my ESB for Jesster.

Superjedi's MF #6 ESB for Jesster

It takes a while. . .

Please don't do this. Thanks to the new process, we have the ability to pull images, even from Photobucket onto the site now. It was one of our biggest motivators. Over the course of the next week, we will be automatically moving your images for you.

OHHHHHH CRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPP :eek:::(:(:(

Edit

Wait........ Wait...... I just checked my PhotoBucket and they are all still there I thought I deleted it all... so Art does this mean all build threads will be restored, as if by magic :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:

Edit

Wait........ Wait...... I just checked my PhotoBucket and they are all still there I thought I deleted it all... so Art does this mean all build threads will be restored, as if by magic :cry:

We are working on it. IF people deleted their images (and many have done so in frustration at Photobucket's policy change) then we are screwed. If your images are still on PB, we are slowly but surely moving them. There are 10s of thousands that have to be migrated, so it is going to take some time, but we are actively working on it.

Last edited:

Edit

I just saw some of yours move over last night. One of your posts was our testbed. :)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back