Paint application fir silver leaf rub n buff

Chewie

New Hunter
Hey, Just wanted to see if anyone had some input on proper application for rub n buff silver leaf paint to produce the best result possible with that stuff when applied to abs/ Sinatra etc . For armour based projects .

Any feedback would be great !

Chewie

I haven’t, but I did consider it for the silver parts of the right ear of my lid. Seeing as I’ve never done it I didn’t. I am couious if anyone has though.

Rub n buff is great... Not really ideal for armor or lids from my experience (ESB Fett). I assume you're talking about the paste which I believe is wax based. Any paint that winds up on afterwards will wipe off fairly easily. As far as using it for weathering and such, it could work as long as you're super careful. It tends to want to smear and is a pain in the ass to remove once it's applied.
That being said, once it dries it is pretty durable. It's kinda like furniture wax on an old table. It protects and polishes but needs to be reapplied after a while. I'd think it would be perfect for a Jango kit.

Cheers.

Thanks bud ya it’s a jango kit I’m working on Eventually I’ll work my way to cold cast Down the road . ;) I’ve done a few sample armour pieces that look good well c when it’s complete . Thankyou For the the input !:) I’m not familiar with wax based paint at all !

Last edited:
I do believe rub n' buff was used from time to time on the screen used cold cast Jango armour to help clean it up a little. So you're good imo. Cold cast all the way when you're up to it though, rub n buff looks great as SEEKER's already demonstrated before! Good luck!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back