Original Cylon costumes

01Hawk

Active Hunter
I always liked these so I want to build one. I joined the forum for them but figured I'd ask here if anyone built one. I got an ABS helmet that will need to be chromed. It is split in 2 halves. The originals have an unfinished seam line covered by silver tape. Would you build it that way or fill the seam? Bit bummed cause I thought I knew someone who did Spectra chrome but he got out of it since the chrome would yellow and they weren't supporting his issues. Now I have to figure out where to get it chromed. May try and use high end vinyl wrap.

There are DIY kits for at home, I watched Gordon Tarply do his C-3PO on a Instagram Video.

I watched his as well - he does amazing work. The entry level kit is $500. I'm not sure how much armor that would do ( think it is like 260 sq ft or something) or what the learning curve is ( how much I am gonna waste trying to get it correct). I'm thinking about ordering it just to see how it goes. Obviously I got good at it I would be pretty excited lol.

Anyone ever go to Universal studios back in the day when they had the Battlestar Galactica area on the tour? Man that was my favorite. I went there twice when they had that and loved it!

I

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone ever go to Universal studios back in the day when they had the Battlestar Galactica area on the tour? Man that was my favorite. I went there twice when they had that and loved it!
I

Thanks for sharing that! I never was there but it was one of my favorite shows of the time and honestly the toys, along with Micronauts, meant as much as my Star Wars stuff did to me. I would also like to make the Angel version of Apollo in keeping with my all white costumes.

Thanks for sharing that! I never was there but it was one of my favorite shows of the time and honestly the toys, along with Micronauts, meant as much as my Star Wars stuff did to me. I would also like to make the Angel version of Apollo in keeping with my all white costumes.

I had the cylon ship that shot the spring loaded rockets out before they changed them to just pop out half way. I still have it but the rockets are missing :(

I actually think that toy was the one responsible for the rocket firing boba fett being shelved.

I had that same cylon raider! ..unfortunately though mine is long gone :(

I want to do a classic cylon as well..handschaub that does the brass Webleys also does cylon stuff. Hes on By your command with the same name i think. he was doing chroming runs periodically a few years back, maybe hit him up and see if he's still doing them. I think he would wait till hae had a few sets that needed to be done to keep the cost down.

The helmet is from DH-PF/X. It is a pretty clean pull. He said he was going to start making armor shortly As he has the original bucks. He seems to be big into Rebel helmets and Tusken stuff.

I'm going to message the people at Angel Guilding and see about getting a kit. Worst case I learn how to use the stuff and chrome everything in my house

The helmet is from DH-PF/X. It is a pretty clean pull. He said he was going to start making armor shortly As he has the original bucks. He seems to be big into Rebel helmets and Tusken stuff.

I'm going to message the people at Angel Guilding and see about getting a kit. Worst case I learn how to use the stuff and chrome everything in my house
A chrome toilet seat would be rad. Lol.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back