New & Looking For Boba Fett costume

BayBounty

New Hunter
Hi everyone, my name is Gabe from Northern California. I wanted to introduce myself and also put this out there, I know it's probably been discussed plenty of times but i can't find anything. I'm looking for a complete Boba Fett costume 501st approved. If you have one or know of one floating around please let me know. Thanks

Finding one that’s complete and “501st approved” is probably going to be difficult. Also expensive and wayyyy down on a builders list for the amount of time it takes to build and paint. Every now and then people are selling a whole built used kit in the cargo hold. But if you can paint you might be better to start collecting and buying piece by piece. Each garrison has a GML and they will pick apart your kit, so finding one that is right without any work might also prove difficult. There are lot of threads here with guys who have built, who they bought from, who painted, etc, in a very detailed manner. Take a look. But if you’re looking for a quick “make me a complete Fett and it needs to be perfect” is probably not going to just up and happen. Good luck in your search!!!!

Yeah, not only is building your own Fett going to fit it to your body, but it will cost you several thousand dollars less than building a full set. The more you can build for yourself, or paint for yourself, the more money you save. I could easily have spent $5000 for everything, with all items painted and assembled, but I decided to do all of that myself and it's looking closer to $3000. For pre-built, I've seen price tags as high as $8000.

People sell their complete costumes on Cargo Hold from time to time for $3,500 - $5,000+. You won't be able to use that as is because you will probably need to get a new flak vest and flight suit fitted to you and then you will have to weather that suit and remove the armor from the old suit and transfer it to the new suit. You will have to wait a while for one to come up, but it takes at least a year to build one, so you will get it faster by waiting for one to come up here.

It's worth remembering too that just because a costume you buy from someone else was 501st approved, it's not a given that it will be approved when you put it on and submit application photos. It depends on how you wear it and how it fits on YOUR body.

Remember that if you commision someone to do a full set for you there will still be small changes and additions to be made. I had Daz / Bobamaker do my set, as I were worried about ruining the expensive parts, mainly because my hands are always shaking, making small details pretty tough.

However, I still needed to have my tailor fit my flightsuit, neckseal, and have him decrease the gap between the bottom of the armor and the bottom of the flakvest, make sure the velcro for my belt didn't get ripped off every time I took off the belt, etc.

I also had to install proper helmet padding so it wouldn't slide around all the time.

It didn't come with the infamous "Boba thong" either so I had to buy that off Amazon.

Just wanted to let you know that even if you commission someone to make it for you there will still be some work to be done if you want to get 501st approved.

Also remember that the experienced members who do take commisions often has a long wait period, i.e. about a year with Daz, which is the same time most build it in themselves, so if you have the skills then you should go that route and save the extra 1000$+.

If you go for a ROTJ Boba you should consider using Daz's paint service for the helmet though. The details are stuning and from what I have gathered when looking around the forum, there are only a few members who can pull off the paintjob on that specific helmet that good.

Hi Gabe, im thinking about selling my ROTJ SE Fett, its almost all BM made/painted/weathered parts

Its a complete suit, blaster, boots, etc

PM me if interested

Good luck

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back