Shae Vizla Mynock's SWTOR Shae Vizla ("Hunter's Exalted") Armour Build WIP

Here is some info on the helmet that I posted in a run on the RPF.

"The helmet will come as a raw, untrimmed cast, with the ear antenna and mics cast separately. The outer layer of the helmet, antenna wing, and mics will be cold cast in aluminum (just sand, and buff with steel wool for a real metal look!). The ear stalk itself will be an actual 3D printed part, done in ABS plastic for strength. The helmet mold is one piece, so very minimal cleanup/touchup will be needed. Since this helmet appears in a variety of colour schemes in game, I'm assuming each person will want to do their own thing with it. So, the visor will not be included. (If you want a very simple, cost effective visor solution, you can get a green welder's face shield from ebay for $5).

Opening at the base of the helmet is 18cm from side to side and, and 23 cm from front to back. I have a large skull, and it fits me quite well.

20140318_212158_med.jpg

Each helmet cast will be $200 Canadian, plus shipping from Canada ($22 to Canada, $36 to US). I will not collect money until each helmet is cast and ready to ship. The interest list is just that, interest, and you will not be locked it. One your helmet is cast, I will contact you via PM. If you are unable to pay, the helmet will be offered to the next person on the list. Payment would be via PayPal."

Those interested in getting on the list for the helmet, please send me an email to taras@mynocksden.com or through the contact section on my website mynocksden.com. It's a lot easier for me to keep track of people that way, as I am active on several forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
Helmet finally finished, completed with lights, fan, and padding. This is now ready for some serious bounty hunting! Full ompletion notes on my website, mynocksden.com

20140402_112034_med-2.jpg

20140402_112053_med-2.jpg

20140402_112155_med-2.jpg

20140402_112224_med.jpg

20140402_112303_med.jpg

20140402_112318_med.jpg

20140402_112748_med.jpg

20140402_121013_med.jpg

20140402_121143_med-2.jpg

20140402_121930_med.jpg

20140402_115616_med.jpg

20140402_113032_med.jpg

Next step, full Armor!

Really looking forward to the armor build!

Those lights really take it to the next level. Nice job man.

Received helmet yesterday & just have to say it is an awesome piece. Very well made. My wife is excited for me to start work on her Shae Vizla costume. This is a great start.

What kind of electronics did you put in it for the LEDs, fans, and the mic setup?

What kind of electronics did you put in it for the LEDs, fans, and the mic setup?

For the LEDs/fan I wired up a circuit from scratch using parts I had lying around from other projects (i have A TON of parts!); you can check out the photos towards the bottom of my production diary page here for what I did:

SWTOR Hunter?s ?Exalted" Mandalorian Helmet | MYNOCK'S DEN

This helmet doesn't have any mics or amps that I usually put into my lids, though I will most likely do that on the next helmet I cast. You can check out the amplification system i designed for my stormtrooper helmets on this page:

Stormtrooper Helmet Upgrades | MYNOCK'S DEN

That's the same helmet. The in-game model is slightly different than the one from the game trailers, but ultimately it is the same helmet. :)

Yep...been playing since beta...Was stoked when they made this stuff legacy gear through the Bounty event

Sent from my SCH-I545

This is such an amazing helmet, it has so much personality to it.
Plus it reminds me of a mix between Cylon (battlestar) and Helghast (Killzone) with the Mando style. I love it!

I got to level 50 when that was the level cap, but I still felt like I couldn’t kill **** on my own. Achieving the highest level for me was a bit of a letdown. I did have lots of fun playing that game though.

I guess that depends alot of gear, and what you are fighting...I kill plenty on my own as a powertech and vanguard....in PVP

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back