My ROTJ journal

this build is awsome man i do have one question for you. ive been thinking of scratch building a ee3 , where did you get the toy gun you used for the base

Thanks man (y)

now the toy gun cost £1 from a shop called Pound land here in the UK, All I set out to do was look for a mass produced cheep 357 size gun that I knew would brake after about 10 mins use with a kid (thats why they are so cheep) butt would be a good starting point for me to beef up.

This looks fantastic man! Really got me inspired to get going on mine again. What did you use to weather your soft parts? Dye?

I used enamel paint through an air brush buddy. Narrow setting..be careful when putting enamel on fabric as it goes on light then when it dries it darkens down loads so it easy for it to look over done at the end

I used enamel paint through an air brush buddy. Narrow setting..be careful when putting enamel on fabric as it goes on light then when it dries it darkens down loads so it easy for it to look over done at the end

So you're saying practice on scrap first?:D Thanks for the tip man!

So after 7 months of hard work I finally had my first troop as ROTJ Boba Fett. First off one of the goals to finish this was to see Jeremy Bulloch again but this time it would be me as Fett, and I finally got to do it,

it was a very small Con only about 50 trade stands so that gives you a sense of scale, it had a bunch of actors there but there was only one Gent I was there to see, and what made it even better was I was the only Fett there in fact the only other Star Wars related character was Rae from Force Awakens, so it was quite a personal venue, the reaction I had from Jeremy was brilliant he even asked what 501st legion I was from, I had to say sorry Jeremy I am Dented Helmet member ;) which he speaks highly of, we talked for a long while about the out fit had dozens of photos taken and even a small radio interview I was totally blown away by it all I could never in my wildest dreams picture the amount of attention you get dressed like this, I think it helped the man him self was stood with me :lol: he gladly signed my small scale helmet at no charge (no this is big headed but) he said ''you are doing that suit justice''

Nothing but big grins on my face all day photos here and there, people hugging me, shaking hands, gasps, I have never seen anything like it with all the attention, it is nice to feel a bit like you are on a mini red carpet for a few hours as just a regular person under that helmet,

Sorry for the ramble but truly has been a great day!

20160305_143020_zps14alldqr.jpg

20160305_115102_zps3yrr1nac.jpg

This little lad was clutching his Fett doll and came up to me and Jeremy and asked, can I have my photo with you both please and that really does put a smile on your face
20160305_114818_zps6p2wjy33.jpg

As for the outfit it worked perfectly physically and mechanically, everything worked as it should had no big malfunctions apart from the girth slipped a little bit but my spotter (Miss Jack Sparrow) kept it all in check

FB_IMG_1457186231655_zpsy0yruy5t.jpg

20160305_113431_zpsl14pdci1.jpg

Changes I need to make after this first troop is to tighten the belt and darken it down more as it looks very red in photo's for some reason? but that's it, I will say to anyone wanting to troop that hasn't yet is install cooling fans as mine worked so well I could not be without them for longer than 2-3 min's, exterior audio pic up helps when people are calling you for pic's etc and the voice amp is a must when chatting it just makes things so much easier....

But all in all really thank you thank you thank you to all the information given to me from you guys you have made a dream a reality and that don't happen for a lot of people but you helped make it possible...

What next......well..... More... I need more of this! (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
fantastic day you had and congrats on your first troop, there's some great pics there, one day you'll certainly never forget!
If i could get mine done within 7 months I'd be amazed! well done.

Ok so I am still moving forward with this, I am thinking of making a few mods, darken the red down a little on the helmet for a start and get some better greeblies for the gauntlets and so on,

I have the outfit stored in a bag and this will not do! so I queue the music and got building again this time on a ''Boba stand''

I got these old pipes and some wood together

20160409_102514_zpspdo07e5z.jpg

the next thing you know I end up with this quite frankly creepy looking thing looking back at me, its all to scale for my frame (ish) but I find it unsettling to have just standing around :behave

20160410_111234_zpsljhjwa9e.jpg

20160410_111305_zpslz0ywguw.jpg

he comes complete with working fingers, wrists, shoulders and shoulder blades. I didn't document this build as it was so dynamic I didn't really have a plan for it. I still want to kill it with fire looking like that but aesthetics aside its a functional thing.

so I threw the suit on and it looks ''okay'' I am not 100% happy with the outcome it needs a bit more padding round the backside area and the cod keeps slipping off his butt and looks a tad low.

DH_zpsc41ngrsk.jpg

I will be tweaking it a little over the next week or so to get it looking better but aside from that its just to freaking cool looking over and there he is :D if I may say so I am bloody pleased as punch every time I see it now..

the journey is far from over and in fact I have good news!!! I have been in touch with (this is 100% his name) Luke Skywalker of Swindon :lol: I am not kidding you there is a man here in Swindon who runs ''Skywalkers'' a huge shop that sells all manner of things related. to cut a huge story short he is running Swindon 2016 Comic Con and the guest list is huge and the venue looks impressive also, and he would like me to be part of the event as his go to Boba Fett :eek: so if it all works out I will be part of the main attraction this is great news but will keep an eye on that one these things have a way of falling through...

(y)

Wow! Awesome pics. You really should have done a WIP of that mannequin. Looks great.

You gotta join the 501st man. When you are a helmeted character that is instantly recognizable, it really is an altered reality. Everyone is smiling at you constantly. Lots of people want pictures.

There really isn't anything like it in the whole world. To see people RUNNING over to see YOU is something else. Nothing like it.

And the 501st arranges these things where you get to play dress up almost as often as you like depending where you live. And the popularity of Boba Fett is probably at an all-time high due to Battlefront, and he may be in Rogue One, where his popularity will explode.

Like you, the only thing I see is the red girth belt. Make it a bit darker I would think.

Keep up the great work!

There really isn't anything like it in the whole world. To see people RUNNING over to see YOU is something else. Nothing like it.[/QUOTE said:
I know that feeling. the first time I had it on was at a local small event, as soon as I came out the changing room it felt like being on a red carpet :lol:

I may join the 501st I dont think it is up to that standard just yet but I will be working on it.

I have great news as I mentioned before there is a big event coming up in Swindon (home town) its Swindon Comin-Con 2016 June 4th and 5th so any UK members near Wiltshire Swindon come along, its being hosted by Skywalker's and......after a small chat with the man him self I have made it as part of the event

FB_IMG_1460809044331_zpsszelbs6l.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/Swindon-comic-con-2016-463609137136553/

Chuffed to bits, yeah I could go doing a regular troop but being part of the events page makes it a little bit more special :D

fingers crossed I don't need my surgery on my shoulders before this event as I don't think wearing a jet pack after would be a good idea...(y)

Still moving forward with this build, I have lots of updates for the journal, first one is I have rewired the helmet so I can slip it on and off without hoards of cables getting caught up, I now have a single 3 strand wireing loom that connects to the helmet and runs down the neck seal.

20160507_210638_zps27p770ik.jpg

I have fixed the mic to the inside of the helmet and removed the whole audio pic up board and relocated it to the left gauntlet, that has gone in to the flame unit as it has the best use of space, so now everything is controlled from that one gauntlet, I did move the fans to the rear of the helmet and kept the power supply in there.
The main reason for all this is so I can use proper headphones I needed the space, I trialed it and I can now get the helmet on and off with ease if I need to take a brake when trooping, I still retain the voice amp, audio pic up, working range finder ( with lights) and blower fans.

20160504_171410_zps9dy7wcks.jpg

its a right jumble but its all in there

I had a great opportunity come my way, a fella on FB was looking for cos players to come to his studio and have free photos taken, in turn I would get 10 hi res pictures done and he can use them for his portfolio, 3 of the pics will have a back drop added and the other 7 would be promo style pictures.

My day on set

received_1170841989615184_zpszscxqr2o.jpg

Helmet off headphone stay on works a treat :D

he sent me over two very quick photos as the official ones still need editing, when they arrive I will post them up to, here is a sneak peak

received_1082014135190346_zpsntpkrwyq.jpg

received_1082014138523679_zpsd1wublk7.jpg

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back