My New Star Wars Home Theater - Death Star Hangar

Well, finally finished the front wall! The planets, stars, and asteroid field are a combination of brushed acrylic and airbrush. The ships and explosions were printed in high resolution on self adhesive paper, mounted on some poster board, and then mounted off the wall with some pieces of foam board to give a 3D effect. I still need to add some detail to the asteroids. Overall, I'm pretty pleased. Still need to figure out what I want to do with the ceiling........

View attachment 97403

View attachment 97404

Star Ceiling Kits by Wiedamark.

;)

I thought about that for the front wall, but it would have been difficult given access. Then I thought about mounting some drywall off the front wall abut an 1 inch or so and putting the fiber optics through that layer. Wish I would have thought about that sooner. As for the ceiling, this is supposed to be the inside of a hangar, but I suppose that could work......

I built this overlay for my office window.

photo1.jpg

It would be more work but you could do something like that with the fiberoptic stars behind that and it would be like looking through the hangar window into the stars. Lots of work, but by the look of your theater you're up to the challenge. That's actually exactly what I was going to do in my office but lacked the motivation..... for now. :)

Agree, the room looks awesome. Love the details. The window treatment in your office, my brother in law would like that. Gives me an idea for his birthday. Thanks for sharing pictures.

southern Indiana
scott

That is amazing - you'll need more couches for all the folks coming out of the woodwork that want to watch movies there...

Your home theater is really coming together nicely! I actually have done a similar thing in my theater also. I saw you talking about the leds you used. I found some strips on amazon that are pretty reasonable. ($25 for 30 ft) idk if you were still looking but they really made my death star room pop! I am working on my last wall then it should be complete except for trim out! Yours looks amazing. I would love to see finished pics! I'm glad to see someone out there as insane as me! Lol!!!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back