My New Star Wars Home Theater - Death Star Hangar

Still not sure what I am going to do with the front wall, I'd love to blow this photo up and stick it behind the screen.

MF.jpg

I did add the Endor moon to the wall though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap. That theater setup is amazeballs. AND, you have the ultra-rare Boba Fett action figure with the rocket before the ban-hammer came down and kragle-d all the Fett action figures after that. Well done, sir. Very well done.

Holy Disposable Income Batman !

That is by the far one of the best home theaters I've seen ! Well done sir.....love the life size figures, although I'd feel like they were staring at me during a movie,lol

"R2, fetch me some Skittles would ya? "

WOW

Dude...I'm in such awe right now... This is amazing! I'm so jealous.... Haha keep it up!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

Holy crap. That theater setup is amazeballs. AND, you have the ultra-rare Boba Fett action figure with the rocket before the ban-hammer came down and kragle-d all the Fett action figures after that. Well done, sir. Very well done.

Holy Disposable Income Batman !

That is by the far one of the best home theaters I've seen ! Well done sir.....love the life size figures, although I'd feel like they were staring at me during a movie,lol

"R2, fetch me some Skittles would ya? "

WOW

wow cool!
excellent works(y)

Thanks guys, had to work a few hours of overtime, but the room was money well spent. Just need to get the control panel done and then maybe add the pipes and a fuel cell to the ceiling. I was thinking about some Fat Head stickers for the front wall. Any local Phoenix area airbrush artists in the house? Be cool to get a space scene on the front wall.

Love. It. Does the light from the sabers shine into the cabinets?

Also, it would be an awesome practical joke to freak out your guests by having real people in the costumes and come to life during a pivotal scene.

Love. It. Does the light from the sabers shine into the cabinets?

Also, it would be an awesome practical joke to freak out your guests by having real people in the costumes and come to life during a pivotal scene.

No, the sabers don't really shine into the cabinets, the tops of the cabinets are solid wood............

Not much time to work on this lately, but I wanted to move forward with the front wall. It's still a ways from done, but I decided to print out some images myself rather than spend the extra money. I used self-adhesive sheets, found some images on-line, and printed them myself. Not perfect, but saved a boat load of money.

IMG_0734.JPG

IMG_0736.JPG

Awesome, great idea with the prints, I did something like this when I was a kid, I use to cut up Starlog Mags and stick them on my walls in a similar fashion... just not as cool:D

Brilliant! I love it all. Every last inch.

Awesome, great idea with the prints, I did something like this when I was a kid, I use to cut up Starlog Mags and stick them on my walls in a similar fashion... just not as cool:D

KDHJBVYJGBUHBPI&W"BYV(*"YBR"*)CNU$_PCR$IKP"(R$IM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't even cope !

awesome stuff man!!! GREAT way to stay cool during our summer months out here in the Dune Sea!
when i saw where your screen was mounted, this is totally what came to mind to conceal it...
Close the blast doors! Open the blast doors! - YouTube

Thanks guys! Man it would have been cool to make the doors open to reveal the screen. Maybe next time, after I win the lottery.

I wanted to work on the control panel today, I've been real busy so I decided not to spend a lot of time on this. It's not one of my best attempts, I only put about 2 hours into it. I just wanted to hammer it out as it's one of the last remaining pieces. After this I just need to finish the front wall and ceiling pipes.

attachment.jpg

So I started with a piece of MDF and cut holes for the buttons and the pipe connector piece.

attachment.jpg

Painted the whole thing red, painted the pipe pieces a silver metallic, and I took some scraps of styrene and cut and painted them gloss black. I used a piece of leftover plexiglass and cut it for the top, then outlined that piece in some pin striping tape.

attachment.jpg

I had some scrap rubber runner material left over from another project so I decided to use that inside the pipe.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Since I rushed this, I made a couple of mistakes. I meant to cut a piece of styrene just an inch or so smaller than the MDF to use as a second base, but forgot. So instead I just added a few pieces of styrene as accent pieces. I also forgot to Dremel out the center nub in the pipe, so I had to run runner pieces on either side. Oh well, that's what happens when you rush.

I used arcade game replacement buttons and back lit them with LEDs.

attachment.jpg

So ultimately, I was going for this:

attachment.jpg

But for under $12, ended up with this:

attachment.jpg

And here it is in the room:

attachment.jpg

I think it looks great, adds to the feel of the room. And since it's not a prominant piece, most won't know I had to cut a few corners.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back