My Jango Fett build

Demonhuntr

New Hunter
Hello Dented Helmet forums,

My name is Michael from the Netherlands and I've been Star Wars costuming for about 3 years now and since my Garrison didn't have one yet and I think it's a very cool costume I've decided to build a AotC Jango Fett :).

It's gonna be a slow build because I don't plan on instabuying all the parts since im also looking at school and getting my drivers license so i don't have tons of cash to throw around (and I don't think I'll win the lottery anytime soon).

So far i have the following parts in house or en-route already:

DSC_0002_zps7bccaae7.jpg Arena Style Jetpack from RS-Props

DSC_0023_zps6fb0c61a.jpg Helmet from animefan (Coldcast)

DSC_00091_zpse4aef65b.jpg Armor from bobatrooper (Coldcast)

And I recently ordered my holsters and belt from Delta13 Leatherworks.

I'm currently browsing all the forums keeping my eye out for any bargains and parts to pick up.

I'll keep the thread updated as things come along :)

Welcome to the world of Jango Fett.

looks like a good parts list good luck with the build and be sure to ask questions as you go. It is easier to ask than to redo......

Off to a good start. That will keep you busy for a little while.
As mullreal said above, ask questions, and take your time. Better to shelve something for later than having to redo it.

Thx for the kind words guys, I will definitly take things slow.

I plan for this costume to (probably) be my last costume for quite a while and I want it to be my top notch one.
My local GML has an outstanding Boba Fett and has a plethora of experience building costumes so I'm asking him a lot of questions and anything he can't answer I'll ask here.

I will just throw this out there.......your GML has an outstanding BOBA Fett. The two builds are very different. VERY DIFFERENT. He may be a Boba expert but a Jango novice.

I don't say that to slam your GML, I don't know what garrison you are with....I am with Star Garrison, it is just that an expert in one does not make you an expert in the other. The leather and fit on a Jango is much different. If you were to build up a Jango with Boba spacing it will look horrible.

Read the WIP threads in the Jango forum and throw out any questions as they arise. If you try to adhere to the high standards of TDH and can pass the judgement here then you are an easy approval for the 501st. Also be sure to visit BHG forums for input and critique.

Can you give a little mor info on the RS Props Jetpack? I wrote several mails to RS but never recieved any answer. I was interested in
that Kind of jetpack too. If you like shot me a PN.

Regards from Germany
Lars
TK/SL 5182

I have an RS Props cold cast arena pack and an RS Props classic Kamino pack. Both packs are very very nice. The sizing on the packs is really perfect for my size. I am 5-10 185 with an athletic build and the packs are just about perfect for me. I have also had an MOW pack in the past, and it was good. The MOW pack is a bit larger. If you look up my WIP thread for my painting of the RS Props packs I have comparison pics of each pack.

So I would highly recommend the product, no idea how to help you contact them........other than to say you might try to message them on Facebook too.

Thx for the tips, I didn't mean that Boba and Jango are similar but I meant to say my GML has a plethora of costumes all very high standard and he spends his days researching a lot, he is very respected in the garrison as the costume master. I'm from the Dutch Garrison btw.

I also ofcourse don't want to dismiss the fact that people that made/are making a Jango know more about the actual costume.

I'm already registered on the BHG forums :)

- - - Updated - - -

Ye the communication isn't the best I ordered it np but then i had to mail them like 5x to receive my shipping info/turnaround time. Pack itself is gorgeous though

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, guys I have my first question. I've been looking for gauntlet and knee armor and I've seen people in other threads mention makers like Cruzer, Asok and bobamaker. but besides bobamaker(whose website i had b4 and i find him/her rather expensive), i cannot find any current ongoing sales of these people(on the forum). Can I just shoot them a PM because they are doing ongoing runs or do I have to wait for a new run?

Don't know if you ever got the knees or not. Cruzer usually doesn't do the CC knees. I went with the Bobamaker and they are quite nice. Pretty much the same price ( they may have been $10 more) but they were assembled and polished

Where did you get the blasters from?

I got them off ebay from a source my GML pointed out its been a long time now, so cant remember sorry :(

Also updates got my knees and gauntlets in today (from Cruzer well worht the wait)

And managed to find a great local source for both the Flak Vest and Girth Belt which I should receive at Dutch Comic Con by the end of the month.

20150305_2113531_zpsruinvmsz.jpg

Updates: Vest and Girth Belt are in, Flightsuit ordered from Bobamaker (ETA september :( ) And i recently PM-ed Darkside about the new metal pieces run but im a bit nervous he wont read it and I'll have to wait for another run :(.
I've set my dad to work on the armor.
Just need to find shoes (which is very hard since i just dont dare order from Crow62) and a pair of gloves which shouldnt be too hard.
Expect some pics soon :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back