My first bucket. ESB!

Hey all,

So I started working on my bucket last weekend, and have made a lot of progess (I think). Some quick specs; my bucket is the budget cast from @animefan (amazing work). And all the stencils I am using was done by @Armydad found here (http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/scaled-stencils-animefan-budget-bucket-55243/)

Now for what you all came here to see, the pictures!

With a visor installed. (Quick story: the visor here snapped as I was drilling the last hole for the chicago screw inside. So I ended up supergluing the pieces together, and using to hold the shape as I painted and waited for replacements to come in. So all of the pictures will show the visor having primer/paint on it.)
fFljOGu.jpg

Some physical damage done.
pdjoYCb.jpg

All primered and wetsanded...
BKX27a9.jpg G3GFUhR.jpg BGssD5m.jpg yuNyhKt.jpg

...and silvered with Testor's Diamond Dust.
xmTUU8j.jpg cjBuFgW.jpg gn1ipfh.jpg

KjzYuIE.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I missed a few pictures, but I first started with the rear panels. Taped off the edges, and used a plastic bag to cover the rest. I traced out all of the silver areas, put down the mask, then went over with Grey 147. (Not pictured)

I then traced and masked off the Grey areas, then went over it with Grey 28 with Beige 103 over it.
6yEGyWG.jpg

Afterwards, did some more tracing and some more masking before applying Grey 79 (The silver damage area on the right panel is going to be refined when I detail everything once the airbrushing is done).
galXTAm.jpg

Then the final tracing and masking was done! Final application of Green 76 and Blue 96 (1:1) was done.
UPxrTTQ.jpg

Everything peeled and dried!
1pJo3JB.jpg vfWhcrd.jpg

And I was also able to get the cheeks done!

After tracing and masking the silver, I sprayed Grey 79 on both the upper and lower cheeks.
h22UkqQ.jpg RN3Ajuv.jpg zeVfv0L.jpg dlakbwa.jpg

I then taped off the upper cheeks, and began tracing and masking (T&M from this point on). Once that was done, I put down the Green 78.
IOvJ25v.jpg Q4VX9qx.jpg C3HHkPB.jpg RgrKPvY.jpg

Once it fully dried (overnight), I taped off the lower cheeks and began the T&M process before going over it with Grey 147.
16Dmx6x.jpg t4Cv1Ih.jpg
Then finally, I did the last T&M before putting on the last coat of Black 33. And this is what I got when it was all said and done.
Pt23XY2.jpg RTTRgTC.jpg

More masking. This was a lot more stressful to do because of the dome being curved/rounded and the template being a flat, 2D item.

RTvUKAW.jpg MqFxgBv.jpg uXmbIkh.jpg

And the after with Grey 147 down...
YsYpBHA.jpg lGWWNUI.jpg UCzZjEA.jpg vMekSGT.jpg

Hoping that once I get the Grey 79 down, my initial tracing is good enough to get by, lol.

So I got the dome done over the weekend. Will definitely be hand painting the dark gray on there. Not sure why it looks light/super faded.
A4iVlX7.jpg FIFYmAA.jpg IPwVMKJ.jpg NEIesAs.jpg

I also started work on the left and right ear pieces.
Left:
tYD54qG.jpg 05RA90y.jpg VhsTYiX.jpg

Right (With a bit of a SNAFU. I'm assuming there was still mold release on the earcap since I forgot to wash it):
zzPdtbG.jpg SzWBZsH.jpg 28q8BF3.jpg

I'll more than likely remove all the paint from the earcap, and redo it.

So I got the dome done over the weekend. Will definitely be hand painting the dark gray on there. Not sure why it looks light/super faded.
View attachment 101476 View attachment 101477 View attachment 101478 View attachment 101479

I also started work on the left and right ear pieces.
Left:
View attachment 101480 View attachment 101481 View attachment 101482

Right (With a bit of a SNAFU. I'm assuming there was still mold release on the earcap since I forgot to wash it):
View attachment 101483 View attachment 101484 View attachment 101485

I'll more than likely remove all the paint from the earcap, and redo it.

Same thing happened to my ear cap, had to repaint also.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back