Shin Tools Mitchell Stylus Brush replica - shin tools done!

tennantlim

Active Hunter
Preferred Vendor
Greetings Hunters. I am going to build three of the shin tools (mostly) out of actual parts and have ordered the Paterson squeegee and chemical mixer from B&H. The Mitchell stylus brush is really rare and expensive when available. Hence I would like to purchase a replica made out of resin cast or metal. I remember seeing someone in this forum making casts but I don't remember who it was. Apparently Mojo-Fett used to make them out of metal but it seems he is inactive now. I have also reached out to Dakota and machineAfett but they have not replied. Help!

*Update: Right after I posted this, I received an email from Holly (MachineCraft) confirming that they have stock ready for shipping! I'll share photos when I receive them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the real piece and had recently posted that I make resin replicas. However you definitely can't got wrong with metal ones from Machine Craft! They make top notch stuff!

They need to market it better. I ordered the last set from Mojo Fett on eBay and it took forever and shipping was expensive. I would have ordered from MachineCraft in a heart beat.

I have the real piece and had recently posted that I make resin replicas. However you definitely can't got wrong with metal ones from Machine Craft! They make top notch stuff!

Yes it's you! I won't forget now if I ever need one again, or direct others to you.

Machinecraft makes the replica in metal

Thank you. Ordered!

They need to market it better. I ordered the last set from Mojo Fett on eBay and it took forever and shipping was expensive. I would have ordered from MachineCraft in a heart beat.

Indeed. I am pretty sure this option will motivate others to build their own semi-accurate shin tools.

Here they are! As expected, they are beautiful and lightweight. Highly recommended to anyone building an Anti-Security Blade shin tool.

Mitchell-stylus-brush-1.jpg
Mitchell-stylus-brush-2.jpg

There's something very satisfying about building your own shin tools out of real Paterson parts...
shin-tools.jpg

Disclaimer: I can't find electrical tape near my residence, so the fabric tape in the photo is temporary until I find the right one.

Last edited:
Totally agree with intwenothor , i luckily bought a set unfortunately I was to late for the boot spikes which was unfortunate as being UK based like myself it was much easier

I have some Mojos. I think I literally bought the last pair he ever made. They are slightly different than the Machinecraft version in that the knurling appears raised as opposed to machined into bar stock. Still, I would go for the MachineCraft version in a heartbeat. I have a 3D printed version from shapeways in the ultra detail plastic and I don't love the way they came out. They don't take paint very well.

If you cant get this part who makes them 3d printed or is there an equivilant to these in metal? I have all the other parts but missing these, thanks in kind Adie, UK

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back