Little White Box

Pyrotico

New Hunter
My name is Chad (Pyrotico). One of the first memories of my existence I have, was saving up the seals from characters to send off for Boba Fett. It was 79 and I was 4. I had no clue who Fett was, but the armor completely fascinated me. I waited by the door every day until the mailman said he had a little white box for me. No card. No picture. No story. Just a stormtrooper blaster, a note saying the rocket wouldn't fire and the prize...Fett. He became the titular character in every one of my home-based galactic battles. Then, ESB released and I saw him and what he truly was. From that day, I always wanted to be Boba Fett. It was a dream realized briefly with the half-mask Halloween costumes of the time, but ultimately the dream was dashed by adulthood. However, recently at a local con, I met members of the 501st. These were amazing people with the same passion coupled with a drive to help others. For the first time in almost 40 years, I see a way to realize a dream that significantly marked my childhood and do it in a way that dignifies the internal legacy. I look forward to being Fett, but more importantly I now look forward to working with and meeting more people. I look forward to using my love of this character to bring joy to others. Sorry for the long sappy post, but this endeavor is very important to me.

Thank you,

Pyrotico (aka Chad C.)

Welcome Chad! great story. More or less most of us have a similar one. :)q

Enviado desde mi HUAWEI Y530-U00 mediante Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back