Body Suit Kwik Sew 3052 bodysuit pattern

silvermitt

Hunter
If there is anyone experienced with this particular pattern and can impart some wisdom, please post?

I've got this terrible fear of cutting out the neoprene and finding out that, because it doesn't stretch like lycra, that I haven't cut it large enough. Am I over thinking this? Should I just mark out the medium size and sew it up? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Tomorrow I'm going to try my suit. I can talk with my tailor about this (I have no idea about sewing, this costume part is impossible to me, even language relationed with it).

Please, if you can get a description of how it behaves while sewing, the stitch used (length too), when this person measures you, let me know if they went up on the size chart or if they used your size (sm, m, l, xl) and modified certain places to customized. Things like that. Thanks, mirval.

Hi, I've got some information, I hope you can use it. The stitch isn't so important, the most important thing is the needle, specific for stretch fabric. It´s strecht in both sides, so the needle must pass between the fibres.
The fabric is so good to be sewn, the behaviour is amazing. It' so easy if you have the correct needle.
I gave my tailor old clothes, and he used them like a pattern. I gave him a leggings and a long sleeve T shirt.
One thing so important: you must cut the fabric always in the same direction. You waste more fabric, but you will be sure that the pants have got the same brightness. We look a lot of photos, and we found zammers with this trouble: pants with different appearance because they cut every piece for different sides. If you do this, you exploit all the fabric, and there's no remains, but you can see the effects. The fabric is so expensive, I know, but people can see different colour (a seamstress or a tailor can see the failure).
I hope that helps, my english is so basic talking about sewing, and I'm not sure I have expressed what I wanted to.

You helped me a bunch, mirval. Thanks so much!
I'll be getting that needle tomorrow if I don't have the right one already.

(Don't be concerned about your english, I can figure out what you meant easily. You'd have to butcher it pretty badly for me to not understand.)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back