Jango Fett Build

ChuyLlamas

New Hunter
Hello everyone, I am in the very early stages of my Jango build, and I am trying to determine what it is best to start with. Any suggestions or potential leads are appreciated. I plan to take this nice and slow, to make sure I don't cause any unnecessary damage or mishaps.
  • I need to get my measurements to order a flight suit and a neck seal from Arkady.
  • I have sent a pm to Cruzer in the hopes of finding some armor and helmet prices. I assumed I would get the gauntlet kits from him as well.
  • I plan to purchase the girth belt, holsters, and ammo pouches form Delta Leatherworks.
  • I am currently unsure of where to get the vest.
  • The gloves will be relatively easy, since there are many options, but finding them in stock could be troublesome.
  • I do not know where to get the knee pieces from.
  • Also usure of where I plan on getting a jetpack (arena) and harness.
If I am missing any big items, please let me know.
  • I did order 1 Westar 34 blaster kit from a run I saw posted the other week, which brings me to one of my first real questions. I plan on getting another kit in the future, but do you need 2 blasters for approval if you are doing an Arena Jango? I thought I read somewhere that you didn't because he is only shown with 1 during the arena battle.

I appreciate you taking your time to read my nonsensical post, as I know it is all over the place, thank you.

Sincerely,
Jonathan

Welcome to the world of Jango! Some answers/help/suggestions to your questions;

1. Yes absolutely get in contact with Arkady and send those measurements! She rules for flightsuits!
2. Cruzer is a very reputable source for Jango armor (and belts/holsters if you are so inclined)
2a. Cruzer offers both cold cast Jango armor and plain resin coated. The cold cast comes at a higher price but ,imo, is worth it.
2b. If you plan on going the Arena jetpack route, Cruzer is the only supplier I know of that casts dented Jango helmets. Otherwise, you have to put the dent into your helmet yourself.
3. Delta Mike is also a great leather smith, can't go wrong with either vendor.
4. For flak vest I would highly recommend BobaMaker (www.bobamaker.co.uk)
5. I ordered my gloves from Amazon. They came within a week.
6. Most Jango's got their metal knee darts made by Darkside (aka Fabrizio). Try getting into contact with him. Otherwise maybe try 3D prints?
7. For a jetpack harness I would recommend Seeker and for actual arena jetpack itself you have a few options (RS props, ManofWar Studios, Fett Seven, Anovos)

So about the blasters....
Which costuming club do you plan on becoming a member of? 501st? MMCC? For the 501st, blasters are optional accessories that are not required for approval. You don't have to have any and can still join. If you do have blasters then (at least for the 501st) there is nothing specifying that you must only wield 1 blaster with the arena set-up. You can have 2 blasters with whichever Jango set-up you like, that is totally fine. I do believe (don't quote me though) that the MMCC have the "1 blaster with Arena kit" and "2 blasters with Kamino kit" stipulation.

Also, if you plan on going for 501st approval, please read the CRL closely. The requirements were recently updated a few months back regarding which jetpack version can be worn with which helmet version.

Hope that clears up some questions you might have had and gets you on your way to suiting up as Big Poppa Fett!

Welcome to the world of Jango! Some answers/help/suggestions to your questions;

1. Yes absolutely get in contact with Arkady and send those measurements! She rules for flightsuits!
2. Cruzer is a very reputable source for Jango armor (and belts/holsters if you are so inclined)
2a. Cruzer offers both cold cast Jango armor and plain resin coated. The cold cast comes at a higher price but ,imo, is worth it.
2b. If you plan on going the Arena jetpack route, Cruzer is the only supplier I know of that casts dented Jango helmets. Otherwise, you have to put the dent into your helmet yourself.
3. Delta Mike is also a great leather smith, can't go wrong with either vendor.
4. For flak vest I would highly recommend BobaMaker (www.bobamaker.co.uk)
5. I ordered my gloves from Amazon. They came within a week.
6. Most Jango's got their metal knee darts made by Darkside (aka Fabrizio). Try getting into contact with him. Otherwise maybe try 3D prints?
7. For a jetpack harness I would recommend Seeker and for actual arena jetpack itself you have a few options (RS props, ManofWar Studios, Fett Seven, Anovos)

So about the blasters....
Which costuming club do you plan on becoming a member of? 501st? MMCC? For the 501st, blasters are optional accessories that are not required for approval. You don't have to have any and can still join. If you do have blasters then (at least for the 501st) there is nothing specifying that you must only wield 1 blaster with the arena set-up. You can have 2 blasters with whichever Jango set-up you like, that is totally fine. I do believe (don't quote me though) that the MMCC have the "1 blaster with Arena kit" and "2 blasters with Kamino kit" stipulation.

Also, if you plan on going for 501st approval, please read the CRL closely. The requirements were recently updated a few months back regarding which jetpack version can be worn with which helmet version.

Hope that clears up some questions you might have had and gets you on your way to suiting up as Big Poppa Fett!

Thanks for all the great info! I have bee trying to read as many posts as I can to get a list like this compiled, but it is much easier to have 1 thread with all the info in one place. I will get in contact with all these people as soon as I am ready to get stuff. Thanks again!

I’ve heard the rattle colors don’t interact well and it’s easier to airbrush. Rattle is easier if you don’t want to invest in the airbrush.

I’ve heard the rattle colors don’t interact well and it’s easier to airbrush. Rattle is easier if you don’t want to invest in the airbrush.

Then maybe I will invest in an airbrush. Better safe than sorry, and I could use it on any future costumes or projects.

I'm sure its obvious, but I'm completely lost here, and just going with the flow.

The 2 rattle can colors I used on the helmet went on just fine. Didn't notice any "adverse interactions" between them. Used 3 other rattle can colors on the JP (if you count the silver) and they all seemed to work out well.

The big thing with rattle cans is follow the instructions. When it says something like “recoat within an hour or after 7 days”, believe it (and give it a couple extra days just to be extra safe.

I’ve never had a bad reaction that wasn’t due to me rushing things.

Just a few updates since I know everyone is holding their breath waiting to see where this build is at.
I have ordered my flight suit from Arkady, as well as the CC gauntlets and Helmet from Cruzer.
I have received and built the blaster, as well as receiving the boots.
Lastly, I have purchased, painted, and weathered a storage box for all of this to go in.

I am in the process if painting my helmet and had a question about the helmet colors. I purchased the two colors that are accurate to the screen used costume, however watching the arena scene again and looking at bts photos, both of which I found on the bibs fett fan club website, the colors don't match up. My guess is because this was filmed on blue screen and having those blues on the helmet in front of a giant blue screen caused the camera to improperly capture the colors.

So I guess my question is this, would it be wrong to want to adjust the coloring slightly to match what is shown in the scene? And would that affect 501st approval?

Thanks again.

I just wanted to edit and say that this is not me saying anyone on here is wrong, because I'm certainly the farthest from being right about most stuff. I'm also not trying to question anyone's expertise, these are just personal observations i made.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190804-010139_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190804-010139_Chrome.jpg
    439.7 KB · Views: 181
  • Screenshot_20190804-010404_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190804-010404_Chrome.jpg
    393.9 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
Stick to the tried and true colors. Don't try to color match a specific screen capture. You are right about the lighting and blue screen. If you use the tried and true colors you will get all of the variations you can see on screen depending on lighting. But if you try to match a specific screen grab your colors will always look off unless you have the same specific lighting as the original set lighting.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back