Jango Arena jetpack project 3D printed

Demmoc

Hunter
As some of you may know I have been working on my Boba costume for around 18 years now and am still tweaking it. I have scratch built everything but the flight suit myself. The jetpack was always my hold up and I started to scratch build one around 2013. I was never happy with it because it wasn't as accurate as I had wanted so I built another one in 2015 and still wasn't satisfied so I started a 3D model with a friend in 2017 and finished it. You can find that one for sale at etsy Coz3d by Coz3D . My goal was to make a relatively inexpensive, very lightweight version that was close to screen accurate and passable but at a lower price than anything else out there.

Now I'm taking on Jango's arena pack. I still have a little ways to go but I thought I'd post my progress here and update it as I go. I took the basic body of Boba's (since it's the same as far as I can tell) and made it possible to convert it to the Jango arena JP. The following is still a prototype and suggestions are welcome if you see something that is off because I'm not an expert on Jango.

This is currently a 50% scale jetpack.
IMG_5573.JPG

Almost all the parts are threaded so they can be screwed together. The thrusters have a nut on the inside so they can be turned. I am going to make the top thruster caps a bit smaller and I don't have the vent on the bottom yet, had some trouble printing that one.

IMG_5574.JPG IMG_5575.JPG IMG_5577.JPG IMG_5578.JPG IMG_5579.JPG

IMG_5576.JPG

But I need to make the band still where they would be it seems
Other than the top side caps being a bit to large what else needs changed?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back