IG-88 IG88

Hi all :)....
As you say shteymetal247, I built the IGster with the intention of him being a background/addon for armour nuts like us!;)...he is infact an extension of my still ongoing Fett suit project which gets eternally stalled due to lack of spare cash for the bits I cant do myself ...that and the fact I have to finish my own bucket as no ones will fit over my big alien head!:p
Any fellow Fett nuts , or imps etc in general are more than welcome to have pics with him at events or get hold of me if in the area (local systems!)...Im in the midlands of the UK ...and I often gig with both droids when finances allow ...

Ironically , I'm a 501st member but cannot get clearance for the droids as I dont have a costume , therefore dont get the opportunity to back up the garrison over here much ....I do get out with other tupperware fetishists in my main group however...

Galactic Knights - Home

and ....

http://www.facebook.com/99thGarrison

....and just to amuse ... the other day I had a rant on facebook about the sideshow IG88 ... yup I was that bored!...so ... incase anyone IS considering getting one for a maquette and following my descent into madness anytime ... heres a reprint!;)

Mekroid rant from farcebook...

''OK , Ive just looked at some SIDESHOW IG88 pictures ...
the first mistake they made was that head which is now fixed (for those that DONT know they left an entire section out !...google an image and see)...the next thing that doesnt stand up for me is the knee armour being on the upper leg instead of the lower,... BUT the thing thats driven me to waffle here is the HEIGHT! ....SIDESHOW... ISNT IT A LITTLE SHORT FOR AN IG!......the 'official ' SW site says something like 6ft 6 inches ...this is wrong ... Boba Fett is about the 6ft mark and IG is off a small step behind him ... Fett comes up to IG's shoulder ....NOT halfway up his head .

Also , if you get the measurments of a DERWENT FLAME TUBE and apply them to a front on image of IG then blow it up and print it ... allowing for feet he comes in around 7ft 6 inches .

At least the HASBRO ones legs extend !(though they dont mention this on the package!)

rant over ... normal service resumed shortly :)''

Iknow at least 2 people read it ... one of them was me .. the other sort of counts as I was pointing him (the cat) at the screen at the time.

I feel like Ive had an Alan Partridge moment ...''youre getting IG wrong!...(sideshow)''......in best Steve Coogan voice!:lol:

Yup , youre right , you probably had to be there !;)

You've done an amazing job. I don't know that I have the patience and attention to detail that you do, but IG-88 is a project I've contemplated more than once.

Besides Boba Fett himself, IG-88 was always my second favorite bounty hunter. He just looks so unconventional and strangely foreboding. What's amazing to me is that this doesn't look like a fan build at all! For all intents and purposes this could be the actual prop used in the movie! Just awesome and a great eye for detail!

Thanks so much for all your kind words and comments guys! :D ... makes all the pain of the build worthwhile!
IG was always a favorite of mine as a kid too ... when I did the battledroid I actually started looking into IG then but not enough was known about the parts at that time (1999), so the battledroid was born first !
Ive recently applied a bit of brain power back on IG in the form of 'what Id do differently '... I think the main difference , which would speed up the build a fair bit , would be to use FOAMEX/SINTRA for the main body structure ,... as well as being faster to build it would be lighter for carting to gigs ... the trick is still to get as MUCH WEIGHT into the feet as possible (within reason )to lower the centre of gravity ... so again , a foamex body would benefit this too.

Im currently working out the bugs on some Clone Wars builds ... one of which may see the light of day is the IG86 ... bit of a way off yet though !

I'm coming back to this thread for the 5th or 6th time to look at the pics again and again..... this is amazing and I love the work.

incredible Job man!!!!!

Read through this a few days ago but didn't have time to post, all I have to say is I am speechless. Well done, excellent work! It was very neat seeing it all come together, finished product is amazing.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back