HIC Reference Threads

clmayfield

Active Hunter
I wanted to compile a list of references for HIC that I found helpful. This includes many threads from TDH, but also from RPF and one from Rebelscum. I will also try to paste in a gallery of photos I have collected. It wouldn't be necessary if Photobucket hadn't broken so many links to the Internet.

For anyone looking to build an HIC, you should check out the HICBuilder's Yahoo Group. Shoot a request to the Administrator, and you will be accepted at some point. They have tons of reference pics. I don't want to be duplicative, but I would like to make a lot of these pics available so TDH'ers don't have to search the Internets for reference pics.

An amazingly detailed fan-made HIC with lots of closeup photos of the traveling HIC Exhibit:
My Han in Carbonite panel upgrades 23 Nov 2013

Exhibit photos by Warpcell in post #11:
Decals for side panels?

Good debate about panel colors in ESB:
Han in Carbonite Panel Color Question

Great shots of panels from ESB and good debate about inconsistencies between panels:
HIc side panel question

Great up close detail pics of the hero panel from the traveling HIC exhibit:
Han Solo Carbonite Side Panel Secrets by LOANSTAR - Page 2

Great reference pics of panels and a cool fan-made HIC:
Han in Carbonite. The madness finally begins!

Gallery of reference pics of panels as well as overall display:
Rebelscum.com; Star Wars Toy News Archive

This is a very good build thread worth noting:
Rebel Legion :: View topic - MC Han in Carbonite project

Last edited:
And here is a gallery full of reference photos with a focus on ESB screen caps and promo shots:

...and the next shots (20 pic maximum reached)...

ROTJ reference of the hero panel, decent shot showing where the light emits from behind the translucent white section...
ylvvDHu.png

I know I've looked at this before, but didn't realize that it gives a good look at one of the bottom cavities in ESB. I have watched the carbonite go through the hallway in Bespin 40+ times. There are definitely greeblies in those pockets. I think we see some sort of square Greeblies with some lines inside of them, 2 dots, 1 white / grey and 1 black, and a single round bell shaped greeblie. You can't see the bell shaped or basically round, like the bottom of a Coke can well in this picture, but I know I can see it in the Bespin Hallway scene. Another piece of the ESB puzzle. I know a lot of the HiC makers out there don't like ESB because we don't have as many details on it, but for me, it is worth the extra effort and putting up with inaccuracies to make something cool.
full

The paint I've used so far is Krylon metallic aluminum as the base coat. Then gonna use graphite powder to give it more of a solid metal look and the clear coat that and then so acrylic wash with a couple grays I got from Walmart which is the closeup of the head I tested the paint on.

The paint I've used so far is Krylon metallic aluminum as the base coat. Then gonna use graphite powder to give it more of a solid metal look and the clear coat that and then so acrylic wash with a couple grays I got from Walmart which is the closeup of the head I tested the paint on.

How'd that come out? I'd love to see how we can make the outer sections more metallic like the prop.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back