HiC boxes for sale

As you can see i don't have a lot to fill in. I wasn't sure if I should pull Han all the way to the top and fill in just bottom so you can't see it as much if it doesn't match really well to the texture or try to center him more and match texture top and bottom. Just depends on how well I can match the texture. There is about a 4-5 gap between the feet and the border.

20170911_172300.jpg

20170911_171912.jpg

As far as depth goes I think I'm pretty good with that. I added another layer of wood behind Han and it gave me more height. I may also do the foam stuff you are referring to behind Han but will do it before I put him on and cut away excess to make it level.

Is this 1/2” MDF or 3/4”? I’m asking because of the top trim around the outside. The 3/4” is way to mug full to get the Carbonite to end up flush. Seems like 1/2” is tough to find in pre cut wood.

This is the 3/4” compared to a piece of 1/2” mdf. Just seems like way more fill.

98F9E281-62F7-4DB8-9D2A-22E274E8862E.jpeg

Is this 1/2” MDF or 3/4”? I’m asking because of the top trim around the outside. The 3/4” is way to mug full to get the Carbonite to end up flush. Seems like 1/2” is tough to find in pre cut wood.

It's 1/2" bit.ly/zenixHiC to order

Save filler material by mounting han up forwards a little bit by putting a 1/4" board behind him.

It's 1/2" bit.ly/zenixHiC to order

Save filler material by mounting han up forwards a little bit by putting a 1/4" board behind him.

Ok. That’s what I thought. So your saying just add another 1/4” flat board on the top inside of the framing?

Yes, some people do that. Doesn't have to be neat since it's getting covered over with glue/bondo/resin

Thanks! Do you think the Elmer’s glue method is the way to go for the Carbonite fill? I like how it looks on some of the other posts but I want to make sure it lasts.

Your boxes are very well made by the way. I was going to get one but really wanted to be hands on from the beginning on this.

I’ll keep trying until I screw it up so bad that I’ll need one at least. :)

Thanks! Do you think the Elmer’s glue method is the way to go for the Carbonite fill? I like how it looks on some of the other posts but I want to make sure it lasts.

Your boxes are very well made by the way. I was going to get one but really wanted to be hands on from the beginning on this.

I’ll keep trying until I screw it up so bad that I’ll need one at least. :)
Of course I'm biased but you *really* should get the kit. It's not so expensive and saves a ton of time. look at all the reviews on therpf. The volvo panel cutouts alone will be killer.

Just get some wood glue, build up layers. Blend in with bondo first.

Of course I'm biased but you *really* should get the kit. It's not so expensive and saves a ton of time. look at all the reviews on therpf. The volvo panel cutouts alone will be killer.

Just get some wood glue, build up layers. Blend in with bondo first.

Ha. Well I have 3 other friends who are looking into this with me. I know for a fact that they don’t want to try and build their own. So you may have some business your way soon.

Last edited:
Ha. Well I have 3 other friends who are looking into this with me. I know for a fact that they don’t want to try and build their own. So you may have some business your way soon.
the edge of Han parts have to merge seamlessly with the wood. If there's an abrupt end of han rubber/fiberglass, it'll look funny, so it should be a smooth transition. use bondo to cover the edges, and cover over the holes you make when attaching him

sounds good! tons of parts aside from the box kit can be found at the same link, bit.ly/zenixHiC

Also... let me add that you should buy a router to chamfer/ radius the edges. It makes such a difference.

I had the Full Rubber Front Han Solo from Storm Rider, and I regret not using silicon caulking as a filler. I used Bondo, but the Bondo pulled away from the rubber when it dried, forcing me to fill in. If you have just the parts and not a full front, Bondo would probably work just fine and you can use a thin layer of whatever you want for texture.

I didnt have a router and my edges turned out fine. Just used a palm sander until I got the desired rounding I wanted.

Ive used a router and used a random orbitor palm sander. The router is certainly nicer and easier but the palm sander worked too.

It's about 3'2" or 3'4" wide, and 7'2" tall. The panels stick out from the sides a bit too.

I'm still.not sure how to approach the issue with my Han. I'm still in the phase of prepping the box so I have some time since this part takes forever. It's so freaking tedious to get this box sanded and smooth. The MDF is a pain to get smooth because if it's not and you start painting it it will show little bits of the MDF standing up. Rough looking. So I've been told that if you prime the crap out of it and sand in between with fine grit paper it will smooth out.

Screenshot_20180503-103815_Chrome.jpg

Bondo the gaps between the parts, and the screws then sand. And prime. And look. Then Bondo where you need, sand, and prime again.

I thought about cutting above the feet and bringing that down but I'm afraid of I do that that I wont be able to match in the middle and then its gonna look patched.

Bondo for edges seems like it wouldn't give enough and could potentially crack. But maybe not. Thought about doing caulk for edges to blend.

I used Bondo and it did pull away. As mentioned above, silicon caulking would probably work better with a rubber HIC. If you have a fiberglass / resin Han, Bondo should work fine.

Apoxysculpt is good too.

I used bindo and then covered with glue, but I honestly think using just the Han Parts instead of full front is better for building a full block. I think through the molding and casting steps the Han Parts shrrink a little bit and I think it's be wrong to offer a wrong size box to accommodate

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back