Hi from Sacramento

Whiskey

New Hunter
hello,

My name is Edward

I've been into replica props since I bought my first real Graflex back in '94

Finally decided to really up my game when I took the plunge into costuming.

My scout trooper

image_zpsqqib4nr1.jpg

Here's my work in progress Vader.
Slowly updating my rubies supreme with high end parts
image_zpsiwuc14zs.jpg

Fett has always been one of the main inspirations. The level of detail for just a few minutes on screen.

Anyways, I hope to make you all proud.

Edward

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys.

Ok, let's get started.

I'm thinking of getting helmet first, then the backpack, then the armor, followed by the soft parts and greeblies.

Is there a particular helm I need to look out for?

Really liking the paint from Uhbif in the for sale threads

Stay away from ebay if at all possible thats where I purchased my lid from 2 years ago and although I got it to work with alot of TLC I strongly suggest purchasing your lid from the awesome people from here it will pay off in the long run.

Well, howdy from Sac as well.

These forums are fantastic, and I got everything I needed from here. Just gotta keep an eye open for what's available.

Sent from my iPhone

Well, howdy from Sac as well.

These forums are fantastic, and I got everything I needed from here. Just gotta keep an eye open for what's available.

Sent from my iPhone
Perfect...One stop shop

Alright! 916!

Stay away from ebay if at all possible thats where I purchased my lid from 2 years ago and although I got it to work with alot of TLC I strongly suggest purchasing your lid from the awesome people from here it will pay off in the long run.

Gotcha!

I did see korbanth has one in sale on eBay.
Looks good and I know he supplies a lot of 501st with his darth Vader shins.

But was a little hesitant. I don't know the history of this "mystery helmet" as he calls it

Any insight?

Yes i can say if you find someone reputable that is on the dented helmet or does alot of 501st pieces it would be worth the research but learn from my mistakes and do the research first and the guys on here are more than willing to answer questions before you make any purchases. As you already know the longer you do costuming and props the more you learn especially from mistakes lol heres a pic of my lid before and after.
fd1ebc2a90470e989fa25d7a84497d50.jpg
c5d7915a50d6067b1a1d6deab54f1cbe.jpg

If im not mistaken my lid was a recast of one of the members here but I didn't learn that till after about a year after I purchased it. Live n learn lol

Sent from my iPhone

From one Ed to another, welcome! I just bought a helmet from Uhbif, it's been shipped, waiting for it to arrive in IL. He's been great with communication and updates. I'll let you know how it turned out when it arrives. From the photos, it looks like a work of art. Your work looks amazing as well, nice job!

Hi Ed!

i saw his post and contacted him. :)
I just made a payment of $600 for my leather Vader suit prior to joining TDH.

So, things are gonna start off a little slow, but once I get the leather suit and my final piece of the chest box, I should be In full swing.

Thanks!
Scouts are my favorite troopers
Vader has his certain beautiful yet fearful/intimidating presence

Boba Fett.....well, what else can I say. Simply BADA$$

On a side note, bought literally everything you need to build an ESB Stormtrooper, minus the armor.

So so far I have:
Esb decals
esb handguards
strapping system,
neck seal
compression suit
boots
helmet fans
e11 blaster
Aker speaker
gloves
belt
holster
TD clips

I just need to shop for the armor. Haha

If im not mistaken my lid was a recast of one of the members here but I didn't learn that till after about a year after I purchased it. Live n learn lol

Sent from my iPhone

Your lid looks awesome.
The painting of helmet and armor has me nervous...and I've done a lot of studio scale modeling. Maybe I should stick with preprinted helms. :lol:

Painting the helmet felt daunting, but just do a step at a time, and it'll fly by. I referenced some YouTube videos as guidance and tips using maskol and tracing paper.

Sent from my iPhone

Good idea
any particular channel?

Blaidon Props videos were the ones I watched.

https://youtu.be/jan1WM2SwVo

It probably took me a couple weeks to do all the painting, but I think that was mostly limited time wise. You can do it faster, I'm sure.

I was able to find most of the paints at a local hobby shop RC Hobby off Folsom and 56(ish?). I'm not sure about their selection of Humbrol paints...I think they were selling them off and not restocking that brand last year.

I ordered the Maskol online from eBay, I think.

Sent from my iPhone

Unbif's helmet came today. It is amazing!!! As soon as I figure your how to post pics I'll do so. It was super, super well packed and arrived in perfect condition. I used the standard shipping included in his price, which is fully trackable via USPS. He shipped it 4/2 and it arrived today (4/11)in IL. A true work of art!

Unbif's helmet came today. It is amazing!!! As soon as I figure your how to post pics I'll do so. It was super, super well packed and arrived in perfect condition. I used the standard shipping included in his price, which is fully trackable via USPS. He shipped it 4/2 and it arrived today (4/11)in IL. A true work of art!

Isn't he located in Russia? If so that's some pretty quick shipping.

51363069418__44B03F43-6518-40A5-8B58-90345F719CC5.JPG51362365698__C1DB6F66-53F7-4414-81E4-39595AB654E6.JPG51362364014__BA8C5651-58CA-4573-893F-74796E71BD84.JPG51363031238__A680A776-D284-4A4C-8D1F-74FABF5332D2.JPGYes, he's in Russia. The included shipping was quoted as 2-4 weeks. I was "almost" temped to pay extra for UPS shipping, glad I didn't.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back