Hello from the UK

malskelton

New Hunter
Hi guys

Just joined the forum today - wanted to say hello and offer my admiration and congratulations on the many amazing builds I've seen already

The reason I found my way here and why I've joined is to utilise the skills and knowledge held within this community

I am an autograph collector first and foremost with aspirations of building myself some costumes - in the last sixth months I've been collecting Original Trilogy autographs on a Hasbro Black Series Stormtrooper helmet I picked up in Florida .... but in December I have the opportunity to meet Jeremy Bulloch and Daniel Logan and decided to rescue my old Don Post Fett helmet from the attic to get signed

I understand that the DP isn't very accurate - but it was a gift from my parents back in 1995 during the SW dark times and for that reason I'd like to integrate it into my growing autograph collection by getting Jeremy and Daniel to sign it ( and then adding others like Temuera or Dickey Beer in the future )

The issues I have are that like many others it has warped over time and the visor is basically rubbish .. I am looking at threads to find advice on putting these two things right

I assume many people have had to deal with DP warping - are any of these documented or videoed so that I can see how people have done it successfully ....

I have seen visor replacement videos but again, is there a specific size visor or brand that is recommended. I don't want to spend the time and effort making the paintwork accurate - I understand the limitations of this bucket but the connection to my family and long standing collection trump those limitations ... however I will eventually achieve a worthy helmet to display alongside this signed version

Thanks guys

Love your work

Mal Skelton

Hello and welcome, based on the uk myself . If you have any questions about sourcing bits please don't hesitate to pm me.
Good luck with your build

Welcome !! There are some postings with DP helmets. You might field some searches for them and see what's on the site...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back