Hello from Florida!

Erice3338

New Hunter
Hello everyone,

I am yet another aspiring Boba Fett hailing from the 501st Legion (Florida Garrison-- Everglades Squad). I have not yet committed to the build; however, Fett has always been an icon in my eyes even prior to joining the Legion. I very happily "settled" for a TK as my first Legion costume and have since also been approved in a Scout and ROTJ Royal Guard. After more time and experience in the Legion, I decided I might be ready to take on one of the most difficult costumes in the Legion out of a love for the character and its design. Specifically, the ROTJ SE (easier color definition) or ROTJ variant.

All that being said, I have already begun ample research here and on the Dented Helmet forums. I have come to consider the seemingly more well-known and established vendors such as the WastedFett and BobaMaker. Nonetheless, at the suggestion of a squad member, I have also been trying to gather information on a vendor by the name of Carlos Estrella.

If anyone knows of him or has sourced parts from him, please feel free to message me or post here (if permissible) with feedback. He manufactures both ROTJ and ESB kits. His price is almost too good to be true, but his work seems reliable. I have heard of him previously through his production of other 501st-approved costumes (TK's and TIE's). The following are photos sent in response to a squadmate's inquiry about his ESB Fett kit (including armor, soft goods, paint, boots, and EE-3); if not allowed in an introduction thread, please feel free to remove. Thank you.

3AWD8Di.jpg

krhO12G.jpg

IiQrzZ8.jpg

For more photos, I have also located a build thread on the BHG forums from a member of the Italica Garrison that uses Carlos' ROTJ variant:

Build Thread

Just trying to navigate this wealth of information. Starting out, as you all probably know, is extremely intimidating. Thank you for any and all assistance!

Eric
TK 14056

Last edited:
Hello and welcome :)
Not familiar with the vendor you have mentioned but someone else here may be.

Looking forward to seeing a build thread for you. Nice to see another looking to do a ROTJ build.

Hello and welcome :)
Not familiar with the vendor you have mentioned but someone else here may be.

Looking forward to seeing a build thread for you. Nice to see another looking to do a ROTJ build.

Thank you, appreciate the welcome! As for the vendor, I hope so! Trying to research as much as I can before committing to anything.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back