Hello from downunder

shadan

New Hunter
Hello all.
I’m Shaun from Sydney (very soon to be Canberra) Australia, of the Southern Cross Garrison. Currently I have an approved ANH Tusken and about halfway through an ANH TK Stunt from RS Props. I’m always thinking about what I can do next and I’ve been seriously considering a more long-term project, by doing everyone’s favourite bounty hunter. I’ve always known that Boba is one of the more expensive costumes (if not the most expensive!) and as such have always thought it beyond me. Then again, I used to think the same about TKs. I haven’t really thought if I’d go ESB or ROTJ, but if I said the first thing that popped into my head it would be ESB. I don’t know, the ‘original’ always seems best to me, hence my two ANH builds.
But that is as far as I’ve got. I have no idea as to ‘approved’ vendors (FISD has a list in the new troopers section - totally get this isn’t a detachment site) and I’m certainly not about to start buying up today - the finance officer would have my head :p
Anyhow, I thought I should say hello and all that. Seems like a great community here from what little reading I’ve already done. Thanks for having me.

Last edited:
Welcome Shaun! I may be biased but ESB is definitely the best ;) a lot of the vendors hang out here in the Cargo Hold, you'll see names like Wasted Fett, Darth Voorhees, Animefan, Arkady, Man of War Studios, and so on. Fett is definitely not a cheap way to go, but you gotta say, if I'm gonna spend money to do another costume, why not go for the mac daddy himself? :cool:

Exactly my thoughts, I think I’m sold on an ESB already. Yeah I had no illusions about the costs of a Fett believe me :) I may as well go all out.
Thanks for your pointers, I’m already seeing those names pop up a lot and spent time through various sale threads. The hardest part for me has always been shipping but that’s the price I pay for living in the greatest country in the world! *runs and ducks for cover*

Welcome !! Be sure to look over the Cargo Hold. The Imperial Outpost Armory has just gone back on line. They offer some of the best armor you can get !!
Enjoy the Journey !!

Hi Shaun. I'm from Canberra and have an ESB suit unpainted ready to sell. I bought it off TDH member in the states. They spent years collecting the parts off the venders here and then wasn't able to complete. I bought it and haven't been able to start. Boots 10.5-11. Suit would suit medium to large. See pics. PM if interested.
WIN_20180103_14_47_36_Pro.jpg
WIN_20180103_14_47_53_Pro.jpg
WIN_20180103_14_48_04_Pro.jpg
WIN_20180103_14_48_10_Pro.jpg
WIN_20180103_14_48_23_Pro.jpg
WIN_20180103_14_48_32_Pro.jpg
WIN_20180103_14_48_37_Pro.jpg
WIN_20180103_14_48_49_Pro.jpg
WIN_20180103_14_50_28_Pro.jpg

Welcome from across the ditch....
I thoughts same about the Jedi vs Empire conundrum... I settled for Jedi as I always liked the colour scheme better. It would be awesome if you could mix and mash the favourite parts of each, but I guess that’s what the Mando Merc’s are for.
Screen acquit a expensive pain in the ..... but well worth the effort

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back