Apexion

New Hunter
Hey all! I've been wanting to actually introduce myself on a forum for a while.
I am pretty excited to be a part of the Mandalorian costuming community!
Up to about a year ago, I've really been getting into creating costumes. and I have messed around with a few different materials, EVA foam, Fiber Glass and more recently Sintra while working with all of these, I have found good pros, and cons with each.
EVA foam being easy to mold and cut into, but its really soft (a little too soft for my liking)
Fiber Glass is really good for detail, and has a lot of durability. but it has a really tedious process.
And Sintra, seems to be a solid mix of the two, and its what I fully intend to make my Mandalorian build out of.

Anyways, let me tell you a little bit about me!
I live in Sacramento California,
I am currently 16 years old.
And I love Star Wars.

I am hoping to learn all kinds of stuff here! I only just started on my Mandalorian costume, being that of the Legacy Mandalorian! and when I mean just started, I mean just started. no paint, just sanding and cutting. (The silver piece was just a test) so I'll leave you with a picture of day one of my first build and head off for a bit, Cya!
20180412_230040.jpg

Welcome to TDH! You're in the right place for sure. I wish I had picked up a hobby like this when I was 16 instead of sitting on my butt in my parents' basement playing vanilla World of Warcraft, listening to terrible screamo music, and trying to win back old ex girlfriends on AOL Instant Messenger :lol:

Welcome to TDH! You're in the right place for sure. I wish I had picked up a hobby like this when I was 16 instead of sitting on my butt in my parents' basement playing vanilla World of Warcraft, listening to terrible screamo music, and trying to win back old ex girlfriends on AOL Instant Messenger :lol:

Honestly, same. Except for me it was Star Wars Galaxies.

Welcome. Just heads up on the Sentra. I use that stuff every day in the film industry.its a good plastic cause it’s easy to mold and shape but that is also its down fall. If you’re planning on trooping outside, the sun can heat it up easily and cause deformities. Also cause it is porous, the paints you would apply could fade significantly as well. Your Armour looks good though so keep it up!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back