Good day Fett builders.

Simon75

New Hunter
So I find myself starting a new project, Boba Felt ROTJ. Not unlike my TK build I see the same road ahead of me. Reputable Builders, armor materials (ABS, Fiberglass, 3D printed), Construction/painting: Commission or do-it-myself, Soft parts (purchased or break out the sewing machine). I've already been in, around, and through the site a dozen times. I'd prefer to start with you all, the ones with the experience and knowledge. I'f some of you wouldn't mind pointing me in a good direction and I'll take it from there. Anyone stand out as an armor builder? Relabel, quality, and accurate? Any Etsy vender make a topnotch flight suit or boots? EE-3 makers? I'm ready to jump into the bounty hunters rabbit hole, just send me on a quest. Thank you all.

Personally. Bobamaker can do virtually all of it. A quick Google search can show you the way, however., there are other vendors available I am speaking from my dealings with Bobamaker.

Hope this helps.

Imperial boots does a nice boot for extremely reasonable prices!! STAY AWAY FROM KriptonTop on Etsy for sure if your looking for a good flightsuit go with arkady on here she does amazing work!! As far as armor and other things go bobamaker has just about everything you’ll need including flightsuits there are other vendors on here as well like wastedfett for helmets armor gauntlets and more! Just do your research before you buy and you’ll be on your way!

Personally. Bobamaker can do virtually all of it. A quick Google search can show you the way, however., there are other vendors available I am speaking from my dealings with Bobamaker.

Hope this helps.
I've already checked out Bobamaker. The helmet looks like a quality build and the attention to detail is out of the park. Are his prices (minus shipping cost obviously) the norm for this armor. My total TK was only around $1,500. I'll be looking around 2k+ just for the armor and jetpack for boba.

Are his prices (minus shipping cost obviously) the norm for this armor. My total TK was only around $1,500. I'll be looking around 2k+ just for the armor and jetpack for boba
Yes. Tk is dirt cheap compared to a decent Fett costume. Welcome to the most complicated and costly Star Wars costume one can hope to make. It'll be much cheaper if you paint everything yourself. But that's easier said than done.

I’m in the early stages myself. Expect $4-9k and a year of effort for a complete top quality setup, depending on what you do yourself and how hard you bargain hunt and wrangle logistics.

Bobamaker is near the top of the range for a full commission and is universally praised. His wait list is also 2.5 years. :rolleyes:

Simon75
As others have stated this is one of thee most complicated builds out here. And I also wanted to be accurate but cheap at the same time. I started off with a meager budget of $1500 and that quickly went to $4200 with about 95% of the painting done by me and my airbrush. It is as Ord Mantell said, cheaper if you do the painting yourself. I could easily doubled that $4200 and then some if I had paid for the painting to be done by someone else.

Stop by my WIP....

...which I took on in November 2019 and completed by Halloween 2020. Nearly a year. My main weapons contractors were Arkady, Boba Maker, MoW Studios, Imperial Boots and QuestDesignCanada. I went super cheap on a few items with the intention to upgrade and replace them. (Which I’m doing now).

Thanks,
-Iron

I’m in the early stages myself. Expect $4-9k and a year of effort for a complete top quality setup, depending on what you do yourself and how hard you bargain hunt and wrangle logistics.

Bobamaker is near the top of the range for a full commission and is universally praised. His wait list is also 2.5 years. :rolleyes:
He said he could deliver all the armor parts, helmet, and pack by mar/apr of 2021. Fully painted would be oct/nov 2022.

Simon75
As others have stated this is one of thee most complicated builds out here. And I also wanted to be accurate but cheap at the same time. I started off with a meager budget of $1500 and that quickly went to $4200 with about 95% of the painting done by me and my airbrush. It is as Ord Mantell said, cheaper if you do the painting yourself. I could easily doubled that $4200 and then some if I had paid for the painting to be done by someone else.

Stop by my WIP....

...which I took on in November 2019 and completed by Halloween 2020. Nearly a year. My main weapons contractors were Arkady, Boba Maker, MoW Studios, Imperial Boots and QuestDesignCanada. I went super cheap on a few items with the intention to upgrade and replace them. (Which I’m doing now).

Thanks,
-Iron
What did you do for an e33? I've seen a few printed ones and a handful on Etsy. Where could I find the actual dimensions of the ROTJ e33?

What did you do for an e33? I've seen a few printed ones and a handful on Etsy. Where could I find the actual dimensions of the ROTJ e33?
Here’s a good start.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back