Getting your stuff to Celebration

FUNKYRED! YES! The perfect carrier! That is so well organized and protected! I love it! May I ask...What are the dimensions is that Stanley Fat Max? Thank you for sharing.

Juan Solo
Its a 240L fatmax, the largest there is it retailed at £100

I'm driving from Michigan so no big deal for me. If I had room in the car, I'd offer to take someone else's box with me. :/

View attachment 171821 View attachment 171822 View attachment 171823 View attachment 171824 You need one of these , fits everything and is totally secure . I lined it with self adhesive closed sell foam and created sections using 10mm foamex and the grooves built into the box . Back plate and dismantled JP on one side. On the other I created two levels . Bottom level is compartmentalized. Helmet on its own , boots another and belts harness, Cape gloves and gauntlets the next. The next level contains cod /kidney with the flight suit and vest on top. My armour isn't on the vest in the pictures because I had washed it but usually fixed onto it.
That's awesome! I love the inside of the lid!

That's awesome! I love the inside of the lid!
Thanks. It was Pretty easy to make really , I used a 10mm piece of foamex cut so it just fits in the lid. I then the place blasters and shin tools in position and drew outlines around them then cut holes for the fixing straps. I used double sided velcro for the straps. Cover the whole lid in egg box self adhesive foam ( slightly bigger than the board all round ) and poke a sharp knife through to feed the straps. I attached the board to the reverse of the lid using tabs of small offcut pieces of foamex and self tapping screws. The over sized foam will cover the tabs .

I've got the 37 gallon Husky tote, and I can get it on the plane at a cost. with insurance. it makes me nervous, but I'm coming up from Florida and will be traveling alone. it will be packed tight, so I am not afraid of any damage (don't care about the tote getting banged up/scratched). I just don't have any other alternatives.

I won't be brining my helmet to Celebration this year. It was nice being able to take it back home when the show was over during Celebration Orlando.

Been flying to conventions for 10 years using this style foot locker:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-Footlocker-Black/16415912

23BEXWz.jpg

Small enough, so I have never been charged any kind of overage fees and they tend to fit nice into Ubers to the hotel. We put small TSA friendly locks on the front of the bin, but they will accommodate a luggage strap down the middle and through the handle on a flight if you want extra security for your items. Larger tubs may fit everything at once, but overage fees can be a pain in the butt.

Inside the bins I keep things separate in pillow cases (with bubble wrap as well if fragile) and always place a letter on the very top explaining what is contained inside (e.g.: declare guns are props). Helmets (minus electronics) come with me as a carry on in a duffle padded with clothing or bubble wrap. I have found packing things really neat inside lends TSA to conduct less thorough inspections (aka less likely to mess and break your stuff).

Using uniform colored bins with large and clearly marked labels on the top has so far ensured the bins making it all together - I've never had one lost.

I usually ship my stuff to the hotel. Less chance of something getting lost and then showing up when the con is over lol. You also dont have to worry about anyone going through your stuff and repacking it like crap and breaking stuff. Of course if i drive i just put it in the car...but if i fly... i just ship.

Been flying to conventions for 10 years using this style foot locker:
Sterilite Footlocker, Black - Walmart.com

View attachment 171907

Small enough, so I have never been charged any kind of overage fees and they tend to fit nice into Ubers to the hotel. We put small TSA friendly locks on the front of the bin, but they will accommodate a luggage strap down the middle and through the handle on a flight if you want extra security for your items. Larger tubs may fit everything at once, but overage fees can be a pain in the butt.

Inside the bins I keep things separate in pillow cases (with bubble wrap as well if fragile) and always place a letter on the very top explaining what is contained inside (e.g.: declare guns are props). Helmets (minus electronics) come with me as a carry on in a duffle padded with clothing or bubble wrap. I have found packing things really neat inside lends TSA to conduct less thorough inspections (aka less likely to mess and break your stuff).

Using uniform colored bins with large and clearly marked labels on the top has so far ensured the bins making it all together - I've never had one lost.
I would appreciate it if you could show some pics on how you have everything situated in the bins ?

Here is how I decided to do mine. It's a Pelican 1690 case. It was expensive but then again, so is the costume. It has three layers of foam so the pictures are from the bottom layer going up. I still have some things to tweak on it before I leave for Celebration but I'm really happy with how it's coming out.
?hash=c4625b5770d4a1d2977d62ccb2604c5f.png

Attachments

• 1554089539104.png
    1554089539104.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 188
WOW David !! That's very nice !! I really like the layering set up !!!
I've got a huge case that I was thinking about using, but it's just too big (it was bigger than I thought it would be when I got it on evilbay), so I'm looking for some other way to travel with the Fett when I'm ready...
I would really like to see how some of you other guys pack your Fett for the road, if you have any pictures you can share ??

Is anyone putting an orange tip on their EE-3? Last celebration they did a quick weapon check and cleared it with a colored zip tie, but the rules seem more severe this time. I’m bringing my Sidewinder and I dont want to damage it, but I’d be happy to do something removable. Anyone have any ideas?

Is anyone putting an orange tip on their EE-3? Last celebration they did a quick weapon check and cleared it with a colored zip tie, but the rules seem more severe this time. I’m bringing my Sidewinder and I dont want to damage it, but I’d be happy to do something removable. Anyone have any ideas?

For bigger cons where they're stricter on blasters, I've always just wrapped the tip of the blaster with orange painters tape and then removed it when I got inside. I've never had any issues.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back