Full boba fett build over time with a noob.

Just found this thread. Amazing work. I also used the Firefek pep files and am not nearly as finished as you, so I do hope mine comes out half as good as yours. Same problem with that right ear though. Debating whether to cut it off or finish it as-is, use it for a while, then buy a more accurate bucket down the road.

Hi!thanks for the feedback man! As for the right ear just chop it off you are never going to satisfied with it otherwise. Good luck with it!

- - - Updated - - -

The dent is on the correct side, the last picture seems to be a mirror picture.
You seem to be correct

image.jpegStill alive

So hopefully I'm going to start posting some more work here again. Had a kid a year ago and with new work and moving to a new city and everything that comes with that sort of thing I haven't had much time to build on my boba but now more time had fell on my lap and I took up the building again!
ive thrown everything except the bucket away and started building a new jet pack and gauntlets! The pep files I had before where just too inaccurate and took to locg time to modify with my old techniques anyway here is a sculpt on the top part of the right gauntlet that's as we speak being under some latex for a dump mold!

image.jpg

I have a huge update here sorry for the crappy phone pics.

image.jpgSo I make a quick dump mold of the gauntlet and made a really thick casting so that I have something to work with.
image.jpgTurned out pretty good hopefully it's a quick job to get if ready for a real mold so I can cast them

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
So here is some of the progress pics of the jet pack that I'm working on, not going to write much about the as I think there pretty self explaining. But if you have any questions I'm happy to answer them.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpgPrimed the jet pack because it didn't look really straight, drew some lines where I saw the wonkieness and have to fix that for sure
image.jpgWorking on thruster greeble and "pianokeys"
image.jpgDetailing on the rocket
image.jpgTesting thickness of the grappling hooks, it doesn't look like the rocket is straight on there I know it's not fixed just sitting loosly on top. It's easier to work with the parts when they aren't glued together.

Somehow never discovered this thread until now. Really great scratch building work there man! I hope the calculator parts arrive safe and work great!

Somehow never discovered this thread until now. Really great scratch building work there man! I hope the calculator parts arrive safe and work great!

Thank you mate! Going nice and slow here . We have a saying in Sweden "if you wait for something good, you can't wait too long"

Update time!
image.jpgMolded and casted some greeblies and the pianokeys
image.jpgStarted working on the thruster. Its been debated over the size of the thrusters and there is different opinions of them but I went with a size that I think fits. Found balls with the size of 60 mm. And I think it suits the jet pack good. At first I was going to make 2 of them but now I've been working on just one for about a week and it's rely tedious. So I'm going to make 1 and then mold it, the cone separated so I can flip it around and screw on the cones separate.
image.jpgThruster progress
image.jpgMore progress
image.jpgHere it is now and I think I'm getting the hang of it. Little bit of fine tuning and I'm there! Feedback is much welcome:)
image.jpgUser le1120 got me these castings! So now I have my Casio mq1! So exited about it :) thanks a bunch I would tag but I don't know how to.
image.jpg Cleaned up castings!
image.jpgIt's a lot of parts being made I'm nearing the finish of this pack I think. Some bits and bobs and the some fine tuning and finishing. I don't think I'm going to mold this at the moment. We'll see :)

thanks for for looking and feedback is very welcome!

Update time!

image.jpgSo i decided I'm going to learn how to sew! I don't know anything about it but I want to learn. I'm going to do it my own way wich I think is fun. Did a tape "mold" of half of my body and transferred the really ruff pattern of my body to some old bedsheets and taped it together.
image.jpg
Then I cut the pieces out and taped it together so I could try it on and then drew with a marker where the seamlines are supposed to be on the finished flight suit. Here I could tuck it in with tape and make it fit like I wanted to. Then I cut it up and had a nicer pattern that I transferred to plastic.
image.jpg
So next step is to make a rough flight suit with an actual sewing machine and more bedsheets :) wich me luck!

image.jpgGot the piano keys on the jet pack ruffly.
image.jpgMolded and casted the thrusters!im currently working on the cone
image.jpggot the wings on the rocket on and did some fine tuning on the jet pack. Starting too look kinda nice huh?

thanks for watching

holy **** your helm is really good. What modelling paste do you use? I used car bondo and takes AGES to sand down! haha.
Also, what did you use to do this piece: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=82265&d=1414798233 ???
Do you have the plans for it?
Didn't your visor section open up when you removed the cardboard? that **** happened in mine :/

Hi mate! Glad you like it. I use a combo of what you call bondo but it's a different brand here where I live. Then I use a thing called miliput for the finer details of sculpting. It takes just as long to sand though. That's what I made the piece you liked to, sorry to say I don't have any plans for it it's just measured and handsculpted in miliput. i did a mold and casted the helmet in resin before I cut out the visor so it stayed where it was. I've seen a lot of people having trouble with the helmet breaking and warping when they cut their visor out and intend to use a bondoed helmet. That's why I made the mold. If you read the thread more carefully I've explained the steps more in detail and you can get some pointers in your build. Thanks for watching and good luck with your bucket!

Thanks for the reply! I will read your thread more carefully next week! :p
Where you from? I'm from Chile, so I just use the word "bondo" since it's similar to what we have here, which is "Masilla Mágica" (magic putty) haha.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back