1. We have upgraded our platform!

To learn more about the migration and how to use new features, please click here.

Dismiss Notice

Full boba fett build over time with a noob.

Discussion in 'Prop Building Workshop' started by Kimozaki, Aug 11, 2013.

1. le1120

le1120 Member

Yay!! Great to know they came safe.

2. Kimozaki

Kimozaki Jr Member

Update time!

image.jpg So i decided I'm going to learn how to sew! I don't know anything about it but I want to learn. I'm going to do it my own way wich I think is fun. Did a tape "mold" of half of my body and transferred the really ruff pattern of my body to some old bedsheets and taped it together.
    image.jpg
    Then I cut the pieces out and taped it together so I could try it on and then drew with a marker where the seamlines are supposed to be on the finished flight suit. Here I could tuck it in with tape and make it fit like I wanted to. Then I cut it up and had a nicer pattern that I transferred to plastic.
    image.jpg
    So next step is to make a rough flight suit with an actual sewing machine and more bedsheets :) wich me luck!

image.jpg Got the piano keys on the jet pack ruffly.
    image.jpg Molded and casted the thrusters!im currently working on the cone
    image.jpg got the wings on the rocket on and did some fine tuning on the jet pack. Starting too look kinda nice huh?

thanks for watching

3. VIARPE

VIARPE Jr Member

4. Kimozaki

Kimozaki Jr Member

Hi mate! Glad you like it. I use a combo of what you call bondo but it's a different brand here where I live. Then I use a thing called miliput for the finer details of sculpting. It takes just as long to sand though. That's what I made the piece you liked to, sorry to say I don't have any plans for it it's just measured and handsculpted in miliput. i did a mold and casted the helmet in resin before I cut out the visor so it stayed where it was. I've seen a lot of people having trouble with the helmet breaking and warping when they cut their visor out and intend to use a bondoed helmet. That's why I made the mold. If you read the thread more carefully I've explained the steps more in detail and you can get some pointers in your build. Thanks for watching and good luck with your bucket!

5. VIARPE

VIARPE Jr Member

Thanks for the reply! I will read your thread more carefully next week! :p
    Where you from? I'm from Chile, so I just use the word "bondo" since it's similar to what we have here, which is "Masilla Mágica" (magic putty) haha.

6. Kimozaki

Kimozaki Jr Member

I'm from Sweden and here it's called plastic padding. It's great but smells terrible.

7. VIARPE

VIARPE Jr Member

haha the one that I have smells terrible too!!!

8. Kimozaki

Kimozaki Jr Member

Update time!

image.jpg So this is where I'm at with the flight suit it's made from the plastic shapes transferred to bedsheets now I can tuck it in where I want to and I'll make the actual pattern from this :)

image.jpg Made a new tank top and fitted it to the jet pack. The rocket and the rocket base isn't attached yet.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg Made holes for the thrusters to fit in nicely
    image.jpg Cleaning up the pianokeys
    image.jpg Leveling out the tops for the caps
    image.jpg Made molds for the tank caps, I also made the bottom tank cap so the last piece (except for the beacon) is molded!
    soon I just have to make the finishing touches on this pack and it will be ready! When I get some more money I will make a mold for this just because I think it fun. Maby if somebody in Europe wants to buy a kit I'll be willing to sell some casts. We will see how it turns out first :)

image.jpg

thanks for for looking feedback is much appreciated !

BobaKen and le1120 like this.
  9. le1120

le1120 Member

Very nice looking jetpack!

10. Kimozaki

Kimozaki Jr Member

Thank you so much :)

11. SingaFett

SingaFett New Member

Love how your bucket and jetpack had turned out. Very impressive indeed! Keep up the excellent job! (y)

Kimozaki likes this.
  12. Matty Matt

Matty Matt Active Member

Looking good!

Kimozaki likes this.
  13. Kimozaki

Kimozaki Jr Member

Thank you soo much!

SingaFett likes this.
  14. Kimozaki

Kimozaki Jr Member

Thank you!!