Friendly WARNING

TheeCaptain

Hunter
Ordered a pair of ROTJ gauntlets from Ebay seller OVANDO , all pieces arrived broken and had been broken in some places before a poorly repaired. Does not package correctly and lies on the value for customs so you get screwed when filing claim. DO NOT deal with him in midst of a nightmare to get refund

FYI, imo, very little on eBay is worth your time, let alone money, for a Fett/Mandalorian project, unless it's coming from one of the sellers here who have a store there.

I couldn't agree more. Which is another reason to stress to new members that if they are planning on buying from other sources that they need to do the research about them on here first. Odds are someone has already bought from them or someone here will be able to tell if its actually quality products.

Been there. I ordered some gauntlets off ebay too, and they were horrible. Luckily I was able to get refunded, and used the money to buy MOW gaunts. I hope you get your money back.

I couldn't agree more. Which is another reason to stress to new members that if they are planning on buying from other sources that they need to do the research about them on here first. Odds are someone has already bought from them or someone here will be able to tell if its actually quality products.

Yup i agree with Dv8r and Drax 100%. 95% of e-bay stuff is not of good quality or recast, or both! MOW has an e-bay store and his stuff is top notch quality, and service is excellent. Not sure who else had an e-bay store from here, but id def recommend sticking to the sellers here.

lesson learned, You can NOT nickel and dime a Fett build. have order and received aluminum parts and have plans on ordering Gauntlets and armor from redkraydragon, as soon as get refund from seller. So now have a few extra parts for gauntlets and jet pack

Update on the gauntlet snafo was given full refund and got to keep the messed up gauntlets to boot. and holy fudge are they messed up. any advice on repairing them. Talking over with RKD and they look to be about a .03 plastic. Fiberglass or just resin to fix?

fixing Gauntlets but still getting RKD ones soon but heres what i have so far Have 3D printed dental files and darts, santra made flamethrower (wired with red LED's)
IMG_8563.JPGIMG_8565.JPG

Man you weren't kidding those are thin. If you glass them the heat created may cause them to warp but RKD would know best how to repair them.

Have used epoxy and plastic to reinforce and repair and added flamethrower and connectors I made from santra . And when have $ ordering new set from RKD
38dc6e64ad41cc5b799dc9425c7126cd.jpg
0c5df67358339c5342ed7874fe65a54e.jpg
f317569fd293dbdbcfa75e13ba6dc2d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

I actually just dealt with this gentleman and it was equally awful. I have a return request open with him and he is fighting it even though what I bought from him was literally broken in half almost. I am relatively new to building armor and stuff and had a bunch of E-Bay bucks and figured I would be able to modify / strengthen whatever I got from him and make it work. I was very wrong. It was completely destroyed. I still don't know if I will have to send the items back to him. I seriously hope I don't given that he is in Bolivia.

why on Earth did you guys even consider buying junk from someone international like that on eBay. I mean....I'm sorry I know it stinks but there is literally every resource on these forums to get the right stuff from quality makers. This kind of stuff happened to a lot of us in the early 2000s and we bit the bullet so it never happened to newer members again.

I know sometimes it looks good...or it appears to be a good deal...but no one can hide on this forum. You can buy with confidence.

To be honest he had a TON of great reviews on Ebay and I was using 200 dollars in Ebay bucks....so the items didn't cost me anything. I figured at worst case I would be able to salvage some of the pieces and use them as spare parts. Oh and he lies about the thickness of his "builds."

why on Earth did you guys even consider buying junk from someone international like that on eBay. I mean....I'm sorry I know it stinks but there is literally every resource on these forums to get the right stuff from quality makers. This kind of stuff happened to a lot of us in the early 2000s and we bit the bullet so it never happened to newer members again.

I know sometimes it looks good...or it appears to be a good deal...but no one can hide on this forum. You can buy with confidence.

CB makes a really good point here, and I can only echo it.
There's so many resources here and it's so easy to research (not only here but everywhere on the internet), not to mention the tons of build threads and tutorials as well as reviews. It does kind of make me wonder why people go elsewhere to source their Fett stuff. Especially with shared experiences like this one.
Keep in mind too, that many outside vendors will either post pics of their best pulls or 'doctor up' the pics, or both.
In the end, it almost always boils down to 'You get what you pay for'.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back